Chapter 16

MEL POV:

I woke up to a loud ringing sound.In this place, Jesus Christ is for real.
I stood up and cracked my back. The mattress on my bed has literally a ditch in it.
The two other girls made their beds, dressed up, and left the room before I could fully open my eyes.

I lazily picked my clothes while thinking about what to have for breakfast, not realizing I don't make them here.

While I was washing my teeth someone literally broke the bathroom door open.

„Where are you?" Of course it's Miss Donna chick. I shook the tooth brush into her face, clearly indicating where I am.

"It's 6:50 and breakfast is at 6:40.". I was writing on the list I gave you." She put her arms on each side of her hips.

„OHHH...the command sheet, yeah sorry. I stopped reading after the third rule." Miss Donna's eyes showed pure anger. I wanted to laugh. It's so funny to tease her.

„Okay, come on you are leaving for school at 7:10." I almost spilled the water I had in my mouth.

I quickly collected my things and headed to the dining room. They were probably around 100 kids. Most of them are between the ages of 2 and 15. I was told I was the oldest one here.

We had waffles with jam, because Nutella is too much junk according to Miss Donna when I asked.

At exactly 7:10, everyone else left for school. They let us older children walk to our schools.

I quickly pulled out my phone, which showed so many missed calls.

7 missed calls Lucy

3 missed calls JJ<3

1 unread message from Robbie

I opened the Robbie one.

R: Dude, smoke before school?!!❤️🤭❤️😅🤭👀😅👀😅

I chuckled at his random emoji use. I wanted to text of course, but remembered yesterday. So I left him on read.

I obviously wouldn't call Lucy. I'm not an idiot. When I get to class, I'll talk to JJ.

==================================

When I walked to school I was met with people weirdly looking at me. From one person I learned that some news reports wrote an article about my father and me. I would say more about my father, but people knew I was his daughter.

But surprisingly I didn't mind. People can think whatever they want. We don't return to school where would people really bullied someone for anything. The main reason for the popular people's start was for peace, as they described it.

I was putting stuff in my locker when someone touched my shoulder.

„Hey Mel, I'm sorry about what happened to your dad." It was JJ. I smiled and hugged her. She hugged me tighter than ever before.

„I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you." She whispered into my ear. I shook my head and pulled away.

„You don't have to be sorry. Just...can we be okay again?" She smiled and whispered a small yes.

Then we linked arms and went to class together.

SKIP TO THE END OF SCHOOL....

In school, I didn't see Robbie all day. JJ talked me out into taking meto training with her to see the girls. I agreed mostly because I needed to be back at the group home at 14:30pm and it was already 14:45pm so another reason to piss Donna off. It makes me feel better.

I was greeted by all the girls. I talked to the coach for a bit and then watched the girls train.

JJ kicked the ball my way. I frowned at it. Softly, I kicked into it.

„Come on grandma pass it back." JJ teased me knowing Icouldn't stand her calling me grandma. So I kicked the ball right into her face while laughing at her now pounding face. The other girls and coach laughed as well. As we were all giggling now, I remembered the kids from yesterday. They were having fun just like us.

After that, the girls started doing some drills and I sat down again, looking at my phone. My fingerstrembled over Lucy's number again. I was wondering if Leah said anything to her or kept our promise.

I have two inter voices. One says I should call Lucy and tell her everything, but the second one blocks me from doing it. As I said, I have experienced times when people are worried about me. As a result, I did not call and turned off my phone so that I could focus on the girls again.

„You are still good I hope you know that." Said the voice sitting next to me. I looked down at my hands.

„How can you know that?" I asked looking into his eyes.

„ Because I am a coach." He smiled at me and put his arm on my shoulder. I just smiled and looked back at the girls playing 5 on 5.

'Bring in your cleats and the paper your physio gave you." He narrowed his eyes and said, 'I'm sure you can play again.' He squeezed my shoulder and left telling the girls something before they came in.

I knew what paper he talking about, but I didn't have one. I threw it away....
Yeah you might say YOU ARE STUPID! But in my defense...well...I don't know why. It was impulse control of my body. I can get an updated one at the hospital, but I don't want to visit there. Someone would claim that after going there almost every day for two years, I would get used to it, but no you don't.

After the training which ended at 6pm I said bye to the girls and JJ whose parents came to get her. I started walking to the group home alone. It was already dark because it was November. I never had a problem walking around in the dark, but I had a really uneasy feeling tonight.

I felt like someone followed me.
I started walking quicker.
I suddenly felt movement next to me.
I turned around, but no one was there.

I walked for maybe two more minutes when someone put a hand over my mouth and pulled me into the dark alley on the side of the street.

==================================

Have a nice day, night or evening. ❤️
Thank you for reading ❤️❤️