n i n e

the bell rang, making seonghwa subconsciously greet the customer formally while brewing some coffee.

"thought we were friends hwa," hongjoong spoke jokingly.

seonghwa turned around quickly and beamed a smile.

"hongjoong!"

hongjoong smiled back and sat down on one of the chairs facing the counter.

"it's been a while since you've came here," seonghwa said, finishing up the cup of coffee he was making.

"i was literally here 3 days ago hwa," seonghwa waved him off, "same thing," he said sassily.

hongjoong scoffed at the boy. over the past few weeks he had learned that seonghwa was quite cheeky in a sense.

"slow day today?" hongjoong asked pulling out his bag and placing it on top of the counter.

"yeah," seonghwa sighed, "but at least you came!" seonghwa said in content.

"ew," a voice spoke out of no where.

"what the fuck," hongjoong spoke out in surprise, failing to notice the presence that randomly spawned.

"hello there joong," wooyoung said waving at him with a mug in his hand.

"since when were you here?" hongjoong asked.

"excuse me I've literally been working in the back," wooyoung said throwing a balled up receipt at him.

"bro," hongjoong was about to throw the ball back before seonghwa interfered.

"stop arguing children," seonghwa said making hongjoong and wooyoung turn to him in disbelief.

"wooyoung, have you called beomgyu and yeosang to pick up the orders from soobin?" seonghwa asked wooyoung.

"soobin said he would drop them off with yunho," wooyoung said emphasizing Soobins name, quickly glancing to hongjoong who wore a frown on his face.

seonghwa turned back around to hongjoong and waved his hand in front his face.

"what's got you frowning?" seonghwa questioned. hongjoong quickly wiped off the frown off his face replacing it with a smile, "nothing."

eventually the bell rang and in came Soobin, along with yunho carrying two boxes.

"hi guys!" seonghwa beamed and quickly grabbed the things out of their hands.

hongjoong wasn't entirely close with them so he just bowed his head.

hongjoong watched the way soobin and seonghwa conversed, not aware of the presence in front of him.

"you're easy to read kim," wooyoung said snapping hongjoong out of his thoughts.

"what?" hongjoong said with furrowed brows. confusion distorting his face.

"i see the way you look at him, plus san always mentions to me how you're always talking about him," wooyoung said resting his chin on his hand.

"im gonna kill that fucker," hongjoong grumbled out. "you speak a word to him about this and i'll make sure you and san never see the light of day again," hongjoong said jabbing a finger into wooyoungs chest.

wooyoung threw his hands up in defense, giggling at the man in front of him. "your secret is safe with me," he smirked while walking away.

hongjoong pulled out his sketchbook and began to sketch away, trying to distract himself from the conversation he just had.

he was so immersed in his drawing he didn't realize everyone was gone and it was only him and seonghwa left.

"wow hongjoong you're amazing at drawing," seonghwa spoke, snapping hongjoong out his thoughts.

"well i am a tattoo artist hwa, don't you remember the painting in my living room?" hongjoong said with pride. seonghwa grimaced, "never complimenting you ever again," he joked. hongjoong scoffed and his eyes fell upon the flower laying in front of seonghwa.

"what's that?" hongjoong said pointing at the flower. seonghwa perked up at this and smiled.

"it's a daffodil that soobin gave me," seonghwa replied. hongjoong just nodded and went back to sketching.

"im..." seonghwa began to trail off seeing the silence that hongjoong gave. "im going to close early today," seonghwa said.

"oh," hongjoong said and began to pack up his things.

seonghwa really didn't want hongjoong to leave, but after seeing that he didn't seem too happy he left him go with a heavy heart.

hongjoong glanced back and shot him a reassuring smile before completely leaving.

the pit in seonghwas stomach slowly dissolved after that.