You Can't Run or Hide

"Lady Tsunade!" Shizune's panicked voice boomed through the office as the door flew open, Shizune, with TonTon clutched at her chest, stormed in.

"Agh Shizune!" Tsunade huffed, not taking kindly to the abrupt and loud interruption, her irritation high enough from the impossible piles of paperwork she had to sift through. "What is it!"

"I'm terribly sorry to disturb, milady, but it's Naruto. I don't know what's going on, but his clones are all running amuck downtown!" TonTon oinked unhappily.

Tsunade brow furrowed, "What? What's that little brat up to now? It's too early in the day for this!" She slammed her brush down in anger. "Well don't just stand there, get some of the guards or someone to stop him before he wrecks something, and bring him to me at once!" She commanded.

"Right!" Shizune obeyed, running off.

Tsunade wasn't prepared for such idiocy today and she definitely wasn't ready to handle the hyperactive trouble Naruto was cooking up.

-

Kakashi landed on a nearby rooftop as he surveyed the surrounding area. He hadn't a clue where to start as at some point, Naruto conjured as many clones as he possibly could to hide himself amongst them.

He would have been impressed by Naruto's quick thinking if he hadn't been so bothered by the situation. He was still baffled by the fact Naruto even had enough energy to make clones at all now.

"Well, I won't be able to make much of a dent on my own, guess I'll have to call in some reinforcements." He muttered as he nipped his thumb, summoning his ninken in one move.

Pakkun huffed, "Ah Kakashi, what's up? Let me guess, it's Naruto isn't it? I can smell him all over you." Pakkun's nose twitched.

"Yeah, the kid's got a ton of clones running about, I need you to help me sniff the real one out." He sighed.

Pakkun nodded, "I'll be honest, it won't be easy," the dog spoke as he turned to watched many copies of Naruto leap and flip over roofs and dive and dash between crowds of people. "There's a lot of him, and with so many clones, his smell will blend a lot, but it's not impossible."

"Well, let's not waste any more time." Kakashi spoke and the pack nodded as they all dispersed in opposite directions.

Kakashi was just about to make off on his own when Iruka suddenly landed down beside him, "Iruka?"

"Ah! Kakashi, word broke that something's going on with Naruto, Lady Hokage just ordered several of our men to go after him and bring him to her immediately. What's going on? Don't tell me he's up to no good." Iruka panicked.

The last time shinobi were sent after him, he was stealing the Sacred Scroll, what the hell was that little fool up to now? Iruka thought to himself.

"Ah, it's a long story, just know that my suspicions were right. Once we get him, I'll have to explain or rather yet, let Naruto do the talking." He huffed.

-

Naruto had not anticipated what was currently unfolding.

He was, of course, not surprised by the fact that Kakashi set his ninken after him, knowing the man would need the extra hands with so many of his clones getting in the way. But he couldn't understand what the deal was with all the other leaf jōnin hot on his tail, as he dodged and weaved several of them. Many of them though, proved delayed and distracted, going after his clones.