Shooting Stars ੈ✩‧₊

July 25, 2016(About one year Later)

It was the new era of Monday Night Raw as Stephanie had announced earlier that night. Sasha and Seth were both drafted to Raw, Seth being the first pick, and Sasha the 13th pick. On Sunday, Sasha had won a Tag Team Match with Bayley against Ashley, who was now the Women's Champion, and Dana Brooke. Seth was granted a match on Summerslam to become the inaugural Universal Champion while Sasha was granted a Championship match against Ashley tonight. It was a year after her debut on Raw and things have changed, not only about her but also about her relationship with Seth. Once or twice they had passed each other and even converse in small talks.

He had wished her good luck on her first WrestleMania, he had congratulated her on her return and her win alongside Paige against Ashley and Dana Brooke. She had fuchsia hair now while he no longer had blond streaks. Seth had been single for the past year, he didn't feel like engaging in any romantic interaction if it wasn't with her.

She was walking around with Ashley, awaiting her match when she noticed Seth was off duty the whole night. Despite their onstage feud, Ashley and Sasha were both still very close and even had occasional sleepovers. "Good luck out there later okay?" He said to her regarding the championship match. "Thanks, you're not busy today." She smiled at him. "I'm used to having things handed to me." He chuckled. "Happy for you but I'm rooting for Finn." She joked, their bodies standing still and frozen. "No hard feelings." He said, maintaining a good distance. It was healthy for them to interact lightly once in a while. These small moments really made Seth's year, it was the only thing keeping him going these days.

"Okay, I gotta leave." She told him. "Break a leg out there champ." He winked at her.

The tension was prevalent as Sasha stepped into the ring to challenge Charlotte Flair for the coveted Raw Women's Championship. The two fierce competitors had a storied history, with their rivalry dating back to their days in NXT. But tonight, on the grand stage of Monday Night Raw, Sasha was determined to win, and if she did, she would have a chance to become the youngest women's champion.

The match reached a critical moment when Sasha countered Charlotte's signature Figure-Eight Leglock with a well-timed roll-up pin, catching the champion off guard. The referee's hand slapped the mat two times but Flair kicked out at two. Sasha had gotten Dana Brooke banned from ringside earlier and afterward, she felt that anything was possible now. They were on adjacent sides of the ring, Charlotte's face was read that the diamonds on her face no longer sparkled. "You will never ever beat me!" The Champion said but only seconds later, Sasha committed the bankrupt move on her and shifted into the Bank Statement in the center of the ring.

The audience erupted as this was game over for Charlotte and almost immediately she tapped out. Sasha's music blared, and she was presented with the prestigious Women's Championship title. "Here is your winner and the new WWE Women's Champion, Sasha Banks." Tears streamed down her face as she held the championship above her head, realizing that she had achieved her lifelong dream.

Seth watched from the television and he smiled. He was proud of her. After all, he had seen her struggle, been by her side when she was making negative money, and even thought about quitting. Now both of them have accomplished their own successes, even though they're no longer together. Sasha returned backstage where everyone clapped for her. Everyone knew how much she deserved it, and how much she had worked hard for it, especially Seth who was waiting impatiently to talk to her.

Despite achieving a lifelong dream, Sasha felt weird. There wasn't something lost, there was something missing, someone missing. She was happy, happy to win, happy to become the youngest women's champion at 24 and everything seem well.
But still, she felt unfulfilled, like there was a scrape in her heart. Over the past year, she had tried to outgrow herself, becoming the best version of Mercedes. In the midst of it all, she noticed Seth's new demeanor, she saw him change, and become a better person one day at a time.

"You did so well, I'm so proud of you!" Ashley came and tenderly embraced Sasha. "I saw you breaking out of character and smiling at me at the end." Sasha pointed out. "How couldn't I be happy for you? You deserve it!" She said. However, Ashley knew her best friend too much not to notice that she felt off.

"What's wrong?" She asked

"Nah I don't know, there's just something missing. I know I'm supposed to be happy but it's just, it's missing something." Sasha explained.

Without another word, without doubt, and without further explanation, Ashley said "Go to him." Sasha hesitated for a while, but seeing the demand from Ashley's eyes, Sasha bolted to find him, just like the last time she rushed to find him. She saw him sitting down on a table, tending to Reigns and Balor who had a match later. Seth captured her eyes staring at him and he stood up, going to where she stood, he dismissed talking to his two friends by wishing them a goodluck before walking towards her. She approached him voluntarily, her championship around her waist. "Looks good on you." He complimented. "Thanks, you look good yourself." She grinned. Seth was exceptionally happy in her presence, he had always brought out the best in him.

"Congratulations boss." He sincerely said to her. "You flatter me." She sarcastically smiled. Seth wanted to ask why she was there, he had an idea as to why but he didn't want to get his hopes up. "I think I'm ready." She said quietly. But before she could say more, Seth wanted to bring up the pain, just to make sure she was ready to forgive and forget. "You know that I wish I never did what I did. I miss you as my friend, I miss you as my girl, I miss being the first person you tell everything to. I hope you could find it in your sincere heart to accept me as your friend again."

Sasha had an armor around her heart, but it was time to put it away and accept love, however painful or confusing it may be. "In the kindest way possible, I don't want to be your friend." She leaned onto him, almost kissing him but he backed away. Her face turns red in embarrassment. "I'm sorry." She looked down. "No don't be, I just wanted to make sure we're not taking things too quickly."

"Maybe we should slow down." She said. "That'll be good." He agreed. "I wanted to tell you that, when it happened, I was a guy thinking with my dick, and I continued being that until I was reunited with you. Ever since then, everything changed. I never meant to hurt you." The man said. The man who had broken her and ripped her apart. "I know." She responded.

"But to be honest Colby, I'm scared. I'm scared that we'll crash and burn again. I'm scared that it'll all turn sour in the end." She paused for a while to catch her breath. "Whatever happens in the end, I don't want to lose you as my friend." She admitted her ultimate fear, the thing stopping her from approaching him all these months. Seth's face got closer to hers, at that moment she felt her heart race but ultimately, he leaned to her and brushed his lips against her. She could feel butterflies fluttering in her stomach and her whole body tingled. He gently caressed her cheeks, deepening the kiss every so lightly. They pulled away and locked eyes in a mesmerizing gaze. Their foreheads touched, and her lips curve into a shy smile.

He brushed a strand of hair away from her face, and they leaned in for another kiss, this time with more confidence and passion. "I promise, I'll never ever be your friend." He smiled.

"Are you going anywhere after this?" He asked her, their face still so close to each other. "Nowhere I know that." She recalled. "You know maybe we could head out and talk about work and stuff." He sarcastically said, finding reasons to take her out. "Really? two minutes in and you're already asking me out?" She smirked at his charming expression. "Think of it as a business meeting if you will." He smiled mischievously. "Smooth as ever old man." She chuckled "Oh please you're only a couple of years younger than me, don't get cocky." He pulled her shoulders by his arms and kissed her temple once again.

Seth was lucky that the shooting star came twice, and even though he messed up the first time, he was ready to fix it in his second choice. Just like shooting stars that are rare and precious, finding true love is seen as a special and unique occurrence, and once found, it's important to cherish and hold on to it. This time, he wanted to hold onto her, never letting go.

A/N: Hey guys! Did you notice that it parallels their first encounter with each other?? hihi