Chapter 53: Endless Dialogue

Ooh! By publishing this chapter, this story might hit 1000 views! Wow! 1000 views in 3 years of being on Wattpad. That is so horrifically terrible. If 53 chapters = 1000 views, then at chapter 106, it should have 2000 views, right? I said at one point that 68 chapters would be an okay length for this story, but now that's only 15 chapters away. I thought about making a new book for Frontiers. In order to do that, there must be a character that I focus on for it. That character would obviously be Sage, but... We have no idea what Sage's fate is at this point. Then again, Infinite also disappeared at the end of Forces, and yet I was still able to write a {Forces Edition}... I don't know. Maybe this story is meant to go on forever like the Sonic Comics. Maybe I'll make a {Comic Edition Vol. 2} or something to symbolize the changing of publishing companies.

Oh, by the way, I didn't add any illustrations to this chapter because I couldn't get any ideas, but I might add some in the future.

Anyway, enough speculation about the future of this story. Let's just move on to the chapter at hand...

---

After answering all of Shadow's lame questions, of which none really mattered, Honest could have returned to finish lunch. However, eating quickly became the least of her concerns as her mind started to turn to other matters.

That morning during study hall, Honest had been continuing her third read-through of her current favorite fanfiction. It wasn't the perfect story, not by a longshot. The two main characters were barely there, um, character-wise. They were Sonic and Shadow, but they really could've been anyone. That's how little their presence mattered in the story. However, a side character, Zonic, and the main villain of the story, Scourge, were literally the opposite. They were both extremely dynamic, growing so much as people and gaining so much depth that they would easily be mistaken for the main characters if not for, well, the actual main characters being there, taking up space and good breathing air.

Yet, despite its shortcomings, there was still so much to be learned from studying this particular fanfiction. Besides what could be learned from studying the writing of the good characters, there were numerous tiny elements that aligned perfectly with elements in Honest's own fanfiction, some of which Honest had completely overlooked in her first two read-throughs.

For one, there's this really boring plot about divine beings and blessings and curses and other mumbo jumbo. It's not something completely foreign to Honest, or even to Sonic. Far from it, actually. From Angel Island in Sonic 3, to the Knuckles tribe in SA, to the Echidna race in the Comics, to the Ancients in Boom, to, heck, the Koko in Sonic Frontiers, a ton of different ancient civilizations with different belief systems have existed within the Sonic Universe. There are some people who are obsessed with that sort of stuff, but Honest is not one of those. Therefore, whenever there was talk in this story about Sonic's super forms being divine beings with consciences separate from his, Honest tended to black out temporarily while reading through those sections. It was thanks to this that Honest accidentally overlooked a major overlap between that story and hers.

You see basically, what Honest had picked up through reading through this story for the third time, was that the divine beings in that fanfiction were the reason why Scourge was so messed up, yeah, but also why Scourge was so... hated. They were, for all intents and purposes, responsible for creating a bias. The Bias.

Now, in HBP, there are no "divine beings," and they most definitely aren't Sonic's super forms. Honest believes that Sonic's super forms are just practical uses of the Chaos emeralds' power. Honest doesn't want to set anything in stone because she's not trying to concoct a fun plot for a story by saying these things. Honest is trying to deliver the truth, or at least her version of the truth, to anyone who might be reading her apparent ramblings.