Chapter Twelve

"It's about time we got back to school, you know?" Lucus asked, as I pulled another hood over my head.

I had at least six jackets on, and two tank tops, a tee, and a coat. The weird part was, though, it was over ninety degrees outside. So the guys were trying desperately to get me in the school. But I love parking lots. They're so magical.

"I'm convinced she passed out from heat stroke twenty minutes ago," Fidel said.

"Maybe she lost too much blood from the knife in her leg and she's still not quite right in the head..."

"She's never been right in the head."

I pushed back the first couple of hoods from my forehead, and looked up at them. They all stepped back, and covered their eyes. Perfect. I probably looked really sweaty.

But that was my intention.

"Ew, God, Skylar! Why do you have to do that!?" Albert said, coming outside in his cop uniform.

"Shut up, Almond! This is none of your concern!" I yelled back.

He only came straight up to me, and threw me over his shoulder, despite how sweaty and gross I was. When we got into the school, he and Chris began unzipping my coats and jackets while Lucus held me still. Fidel was sorting through Daxton's locker, who was trying to push him away. Finally, the guys succeeded in pulling all my jackets off me. Now, I had on two pairs of pants and two tank tops with a tee shirt. And I had more sweat than you could imagine.

"I was wondering why you were drinking all that water yesterday. Why do you want to sweat so much?" Daxton asked. He's a sophomore this year.

"No reason! You two can go home now!" I said, gesturing towards Fidel and Chris.

"Actually, we're here for the bake sale!" Fidel said, closing Dax's locker.

"Go take a shower, Sky," Luke said, pointing towards the girls' locker room.

"No, Lucus. I don't want to."

"You smell."

"No, you smell!"

Everyone just looked pointedly at me. I crossed my arms and pouted.

"Thunder Jackson is going to be at today's bakesale," Daxton said.

"WHAT!?" I screamed, jumping up onto my feet.

"Who's Thunder Jackson?" Chris, Almond, Fidel, and Lucus all asked.

I couldn't answer. I was hyperventilating.

"He's a rockstar legend," Daxton replied.

"I HAVE TO LOOK AND SMELL ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! SOMEONE DRIVE ME HOME RIGHT NOW OR I SWEAR I WILL DUCT TAPE DAVE TO THE CEILING!" I yelled.

"Who's Dave?" Dax asked.

"One of the cops," Lucus said.

"DRIVE ME HOME!"

No one moved.

"That's it. I'm duct taping Dave to the ceiling. But later. For now, if someone doesn't drive me home, I will hug all of you."

"I'll do it!" Chris said.

"Way to take one for the team!" Lucus said.

"Yeah, I'm not getting in the car with her. Again," Fidel added.

~*~

"Hurry up in there!" Chris called, pounding on the bathroom.

"I'll come out when I feel like it!" I rebellious side called back.