Chapter Five

"Sky? Skylar!"

"Mrfagrumblkerd!" In my language, that means go away.

"Sky, you need to eat some sweets. Your blood sugar is low." I recognized Luke's voice.

"Doughnuts!" I still kept my eyes shut though.

"Allow me," another familiar voice came through.

That's when someone threw a bunch of ice cold water all over me, leaving me soaking wet.

I sat up in surprise, to see the eldest kid, who I now know to be named Chris, standing over me, an evil smirk evident across his face. He had dark brown hair, a little darker than Luke's, but Chris' was slightly shorter, whereas Lucus' was shaggy. He was a little taller than Luke, making him about two feet taller than me, and had a very angular jaw, with bright green eyes.

That's when I became very tired again, and laid back down in my pudde of water, vaguely aware of Lucus kneeling beside me.

Before long, a doughnut was being shoved into my mouth, and I picked it up myself, and began munching on it hungrily, instantly wide awake.

"Well that got her going," Mikey and Milo said at the same time, being twins around the age of ten.

"Duh. The source of my fuel is doughnuts," I teased, shaking myself off like a dog.

"Hi. I'm Fidel," another one, slightly shorter than Chris, approached me, shaking my free hand. "I'm the second oldest."

"Nccshfmtchoo," I attempted to say it was nice to meet him.

"Nishmertshoo too, Sky," he replied.

The others continued to introduce themselves, as I tried to remember it all. Good thing I was eating a doughnut.

I tried to mentally go over everything I learned about the Spencer boys. Chris is 23. He plays pranks and has a girlfriend. Fidel is 19 and is a giant teddy bear. Lucus is 18. I already know he's a pervert. Daxton is 16. He's obsessed with explosives. Nicholas is 14, and popular on the web. Mikey and milo are 10-year-old twins, but Mikey is a video gamer while Milo is a bookworm. James is 8 and has ADHD, and Caine is the sweet little 4-year-old.

Speaking of Caine, I looked down at my leg and saw a small, drity-blonde kid hanging around my leg, so I picked him up, and held him in my arms.

"You don't even care that I'm wet?" I asked him.

"I wouldn't," I heard Lucus say.

"I don't mind. You're comfy. And pretty," Caine answered me.

"Aw, thanks Caine! You're not too bad looking yourself."

With that, I went back into the kitchen to get my third doughnut, as I gave one to Caine as well, only for Fidel to get in the way.

That birdsnipper took the yummy dessert right out of my hands.

"Not cool, bro," I said, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Huh uh uh..." he teased. "Sorry Sky, but Luke said you need to take your pen shot thingy. I don't want you dying on your first day here."

At that, Caine nestled his head into my neck. "I don't want you to die," he whined.

I patted his back affectionately. "I'm not gonna die, sweetheart. I just gotta take some medicine now, okay?"

He nodded, and ran off to some other place in the house.

"Come on, kid," Fidel said, putting his arm around my shoulder. "I'll show you where your room is so you can do whatcha need to do."