Chapter Seven

I was currently standing at the local park, with Lucus to my right, Chris to my left, and Fidel standing to the right of Luke. Dax and Nick were hiding in the bushes, and we were all wearing top hats and trenchcoats-something we went out and bought just for this occasion.

All of a sudden, four more men walked into view, wearing trenchcoats and hats as well, one leading the other three. Swankey was in front, and the three in the back, who looked to be Dave, Albert, and Frank, were carrying doughnut boxes. Jones must be the one stuck at the station.

I stepped forward, as Swankey came to a stop a little ahead, and handed him a peice of paper signed by me, assuring he did indeed give me my doughnuts.

"Pleasure doin' buisness with ya," I said, in my best Italian mafia accent.

He nodded sternly, before smiling widely at the same time as me. I gave him a wide hug, and nodded to the boys to hand my boys the doughnuts.

"Who're these guys?" Carl asked, nodding to my buds.

"New guys. I'm staying with them. Let's just say you better give Jones a heads up to bring backup tonight on his patrol," I replied, making him grin.

"I'm glad you've finally got accomplices," he said, though, between me and him, he meant he was glad I had friends, not just crime buddies.

With that, they all four turned, and walked back the way they came.

"Dave!" I called.

He turned to face me, a couple meters away.

"I forgive you!"

He smiled at that, and continued to walk away with the others. The last thing I heard from them was a, "It's about time!" from Almond.

As they walked out of sight, I turned to the boys, smiling wildly.

"Only an hour to go," I said, walking over to sit at the bottom of the monkey bars.

Dax and Nick came out of the bushes, as the others set down the doughnuts, and everyone got two out of the first box. Then, Fidel carried the other seven to the car, and threw away the empty one. The nails and hammers were also in the car, since we intended to just sit here until it was time to leave.

It was driving me crazy, sitting here right next to Lucus, yet not able to hug him. It was like this constant annoying buzz all over my skin. It was killing me not to scoot closer to him.

"These are really good doughnuts," I attempted to say, but rather had it come out like, "Fshrellygfsh duffnushtsh."

That just made everyone laugh, and Luke took the oppurtunity to put an arm around my shoulder and bring me closer to him. About time! The sparks began to erupt, as I couldn't hold back my sigh of relief. Thank gurfleberries my doughnut silenced it.

~*~

"Deh deh deh deh.... deh deh DUH DUH duuhhh deh DEH DEH...." I randomly sang as we snuck around Mr. Sanchez' house. I was carrying the nails and hammers and the boys were carrying the doughnuts.

I glanced back, to see Lucus smirking.

"Okay," I whispered, "Luke and I will get the deck. You two get the banisters."

I handed two hammers and the extra package of nails to Chris, who gave Fidel his extra hammer. I then handed Lucus a hammer, and we all began to nail the dougnuts to the walls, floor, and banisters. We were about halfway through the doughnuts, when the kitchen light snapped on, and a shadow approached the window.

"Against the wall! Now!" I hissed. We all did so, as Mr. Sanchez looked out the window, but we continued to bang on the house, so as not to let him think we could hear him.

The shadow slowly went away, and we continued putting nails through doughnuts.

Before long, we heard "Please, someone hurry! Someone's breaking into my house!"

That made me crack up laughing, and Lucus had to put his hand over my mouth to silence me. That also sent butterflies through my stomach.

Before long, we heard sirens, so I took one last doughnut, and bit into it, while sprinting to the fence. However, just as I was about to get over it, two firm hands grabbed me around the torso, before putting handcuffs tightly around my wrists. They learned a long time ago I could get out of them if they weren't tight enough.

I looked up to see that my capture had been done by non other than Almond. Figures. He's the only one that can catch me while I'm going over the fence. I also took a look at my surroundings, to see that each of the other boys were each being hauled along by one of my cop friends.

I smiled up at Almond, as he dragged me towards the car saying, "You are under arrest for tresspassing and destruction of private property. Anything you say... blah, blah blah." Thay always ended the end with blahs because we didn't have a judge.

However, since I smiled at him, that made the doughnut fall out of my mouth, making him catch it.

"According to the law, you have to take that with us!" I yelled, making Chris laugh.

Almond only rolled his eyes, before pushing me into the car, at the same time Jones pushed Chris in, to my right. Then, Albert/Almond put a napkin in my lap, followed by my doughnut. I grinned as I saw Fidel trying to kiss Dave. Lucus winked at me, before Frank shoved him into the car ahead of us.

As we began driving, that itching feeling all over my body came back, making me squirm uncomfortably. I bent down and ate my doughnut off my lap to keep me occupied.

'Hard to stay away from him, isn't it?' Chris asked me in my mind.

I simply nodded.

"Seriously Sky?" Jones said out of nowhere.

"Hmm?" I asked, doughnut on my face.

Almond reached back, and wiped my face with a napkin.

"Why would you nail doughnuts to a man's porch?"

"I wasn't going to let them go stale!" I defended.

That made everyone chuckle.

"Okay, so why would you drag three innocent boys into your crime doing?" Jones continued.

I opened my mouth to respond, when Chris answered for me.

"Sir, with all do respect, we're anything but innocent."

That made me smile.

~*~

"I've been working on the railroad, all the livelong dayysss," I began, throwing rubber balls at my new brothers.

Lucus was in the same cell as before, while Chris was in the one between him and the wall, and Fidel was to the left of me.

"Will you stop that, please?!" Fidel yelled for the millionth time.

"Fine," I groaned.

"Hey, guess what, guys!" I cheered.

Mixtures of Errms and ughfsss were heard throughout the room.

"We're jail pals! From now on, there will be a conference room downstairs, and we will always plot out awesome schemes!"

"That's nice."

I waited for a second, trying to figure out something to do.

"Hey, Frank?" he was the one watching us tonight.

"MmmHmm?"

"Can we have a dance party?"

"No!" everyone shouted.

"Skylar," uh, oh. Luke only says my real name if he means business. "It's almost three in the morning. Please go to sleep."

Everyone retreated to their beds, and even Frank started to snore.

"I can't," I whined.

'Just sit next to each other and the buzzing will go away!' Chris yelled in probably both our minds.

We did as he said, and sat as close to the bars as possible, and Lucus grabbed my hand. I almost immediately fell asleep.