II.

_quinnhughes: breaking out the retros for this one

_quinnhughes: breaking out the retros for this one. see you tonight vancouver.

Liked by joshnorris10 and 17,081 others.

Comments:

jackhughes: lookin fresh sir
_quinnhughes: thank you sir 🫡

lhughes_06: ugly.
username: luke is so mean 😭
↳↳username: so hot
↳↳↳username: i would marry any of these brothers ugh

canucks: lets go nucks! 💙💚

_alexturcotte: are you a model? cause u make this sweater schmexy
colecaufield: gross
↳↳joshnorris10: true, i'll buy it if the model comes with it.

random: i want you

random: can i get some tix to the game??

random: we better make the playoffs this year

random: quinnnnn i love youuuuu

Load 1,231 more comments...

-------

𝚀𝚞𝚒𝚗𝚗

Studs turned his phone towards Quinn, offering a glance at another girl's dating profile. "She's hot, right?" Studs prompted.

Quinn sighed as he bent over to lace his skates. "I don't know," he muttered. Studs was always showing him the girls that popped up on one of his five dating apps, despite the fact that Quinn hardly ever offered anything to him in response.

Studs hummed, in neither disappointment nor approval. "She messaged that she's at the game tonight," he announced. "Think I should meet her after?"

"I don't know, man," Quinn replied. He liked Jack Studnicka, who had only been traded to Vancouver a month ago, but sometimes he felt like Studs didn't really know him at all. "You about ready to head to the tunnel?" Quinn tried.

Studs put his phone away and then slipped his jersey over his shoulders. Elias, who was at the door, removed the guards from his skates and cocked his head towards the hall. The team was waiting for them.

-------

𝙂𝙚𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙞𝙖

"Auntie G!" Hoa screamed from the row of young fans directly in front of the boards. "Are you gonna come help me?"

"You've got it, buddy," Georgia assured him, gesturing for him to turn back to the ice, where a couple of players were standing close to the glass as they warmed up.

Georgia was just grateful that her brother had so lucrative a job that he could afford seats three rows back from the ice. Otherwise, Georgia might die of boredom. She was raised in Canada, but in an immigrant family. Both of her parents were born in Vietnam, where hockey was certainly not as popular as it was in Vancouver.

Still, Jensen had played in high school, and Georgia even did a couple years of junior hockey—in large part because it was just what everyone did. Jensen liked it enough that he had raised eight year-old Hoa to be the world's biggest Canucks fan.

Georgia had to admit her nephew did look adorable in the Hughes jersey that his parents had given him for his birthday.

She sunk down into her third-row seat, taking a sip of her beer as she watched Hoa bang on the glass. There was a pretty sizable crowd around him, filled with fans desperate for a warm-up puck from one of their players. Georgia, though, was content to watch and drink her beer.

Jensen had treated her burn and wrapped it in gauze, but only some of the pain had subsided. Georgia was just hoping she didn't have to face Dmitri on Monday with her arm still bandaged—she was already mortified enough. Once she was sure she could still see Hoa through the growing crowd, she grabbed her phone from her pocket.

-------

Messages

uni gals 🤢

Fiona
can we please hang out soon :(
i'm so depressed without you guys :(

Bethany
if i could, i would hop on a plane this
minute and fly from toronto in an
instant

Fiona
why'd you have to move so far away :(

Rhianne
i'm still here fi! so is g!
we can do something
we could even go out tonight 🫣

Georgia
am currently at the nucks game
with my nephew, so may not be
able to do tonight but we could
do tomorrow?

Bethany
getting fomo from y'all hangin :(

Rhianne
well would you rather we make a chat
without you and plan there?

Bethany
no :((

-------

Just as Georgia began typing a response to her university friends, everything really went to shit.

Inexplicably, her near-full beer exploded in her hand. While she managed to keep her fingers around it, virtually all of the liquid in her cup was displaced by a—

"Is that a fucking puck," Georgia shouted, just as the beer started to seep into the gauze around her forearm and the lap of her pants. "What the hell?"

Everyone in front of the glass had now turned to see where the puck landed. Their gazes landed on Georgia, who held up her beer to peer through the bottom. Hoa clambered over the two rows of seats to reach her. "Auntie G, we got Quinn's puck!" he exclaimed. He was waving wildly at the boards, where—sure enough—a player was staring right at them, eyes wide.