Chapter 4 - It Never Rains But It Pours

"So Noona got your memory back just before I found you?"

Both of them sat on a staircase as the woman explained her story to Lee Rang. The fox actually didn't change much if you want to know that, he was still that curious like a child, he kept on asking many 'whys' to Y/N who had started to feel annoyed about it. She began to feel Lee Yeon who had been dealing with this kind of attitude of the younger fox. The woman actually wasn't telling the whole truth to Lee Rang who was now in a deep thought. She chose not to talk about her incident which she was coming from another world to save him from the tragedy. Y/N decided to bury them under her heart since she knew that she would have to return to her original world one day, so that Lee Rang didn't have to wait for her, like a lost confusing puppy. The image of him waiting for no result just hurt her even more.

A comfortable silence fell upon them after that. Y/N's eyes were glued on the man beside her who had the most gorgeous face in the world. She had to admit that Kim Bum, the actor who portrayed Lee Rang was literally a handsome guy. That was why he gained a lot of new fans after this drama because of his fox-like image. Obviously, Y/N was one of them too.

"Did anyone tell you how handsome you are?"

As she finished her question, Lee Rang's cheek was immediately coated with thick pink in just a second, followed by a few fake coughs. He felt nervous and flattered by the praise from his Noona. He began to stutter, trying to ease his embarrassment.

"N-No. Noona, you are the first one who said that."

Lee Rang was in a secretly happy mood to hear that from her. He knew he wasn't a good person to get along with, especially with those sharp and cold eyes that gave off a dangerous vibe. Many people subconsciously backed away from him and the children would cry nonstop after meeting his eyes. Lee Rang didn't feel unhappy or anything, instead, he felt an indescribable pleasure inside him, since he knew the ordinary humans had started to know their own place. Just when he met Y/N, he was afraid that she would get scared by his strong aura and distanced from him. Fortunately, she still gladly accepted him. This thought caused him to make a smirk.

Y/N secretly peaked at Lee Rang who was smiling at himself suddenly. She played with the corner of her hanbok, struggling about whether to ask about him or not.

"That, Rangie-aah. How are you?"

Lee Rang's smile dropped at that question. He immediately replaced it with a thin smile to hide his upset.

"Yeah, good. I found Hyung. And he was happy to see me too."

Lee Rang's black eyes went blank as the memory played in front of him. He could never forget the disappointed look from Hyung the moment he saw him brutally massacre a few villages, thinking to take a revenge on them for betraying the gods.

"He hugged me too the first time I saw him."

Lee Yeon pointed his sword to him, cruelty slashed across his chest with no expression on his face, as if Lee Rang's death was nothing to him. He was utterly shocked at the moment, until now, he had no clue why his Hyung had to do this to him. He felt a dull pain in his stomach, where the scars remained visible.

"And, I met a lot of good people."

This was when Imoogi's loyal follower came to him and saved him from death. This was when he was indebted to Hae-Ryong. But fortunately, he wasn't able to control Lee Rang fully since he was not the first one who saved him. He again watched his finger as the red shone faintly.

"I see. Good to hear that."

Y/N bit her bottom lip and replied even though she knew Lee Rang was lying. She didn't change the story much except for being a sidekick. She failed to stop the misunderstanding between the fox brothers. Looking at his miserable face, she felt regret making the fox think back about the terrible memory. She let out a big breath before standing up, ignoring the curious look from Lee Rang.