Fear

-Jacob's pov

Walking off to a nearby room carrying my friend Catte. Trying to get my head together and still feeling dizzy from that fight. What confuses me the most is why I can't stop thinking about that girl. Her name was Ruby, right? Why does she seem so familiar to me? I need to see her again or... try to talk to her? I laugh at the idea. Nah, she would hit me in the head with a bat like how she always d- Wait?? Did she hit me before? I don't remember...

"What are you thinking about? I'm sitting here in this corner trying not to yell out in pain!!!" I snapped out of my daydreaming. I almost forgot I was trying to find something to help him heal up a bit.
"Oh, sorry! I was just zoned out for a bit" I quickly start looking for any bandages, medicine, or even rags. I was trying to find any medical supplies I could find. After searching I finally got bandages. I wrap around his wound while he was covering his mouth trying to muffle out the noise. 

"Thanks" The cat meowed with a sign of relief in his voice. He slowly gets up. "Let us go find something to eat. I'm hungry for a burger or even a slime pup!!" He sounds so much better already which amazes me. I nod my head and we head to the cafeteria.

We spotted an ice cream cat scrubbing some of The stains on the wall. It looks like someone made their day. We went up to the counter and thinking if we should bother her. Before we could do anything she looked at us and jumped a little. She sighs in relief and walks up to us.

"Hello!! is there anything you would like?" The ice cream cat waved at the two of them. They look at each other confused and then the orange cat spoke first. 

"Who are you?" The cat meowed trying to study her intentions.

"My name is Vanilla and my gootraxian species name is sprinklekit, you are?" The ice cream cat meowed in a kind voice trying to ease the tension.

"I'm catte... I don't really have a name I just use my species name. Dog boy here is... I forgot damn it." The cat was snapping his fingers trying to remember. I replied for him.

"My name is Jacob!! Nice to meet you Vanilla" I said sounding a little awkward... I remember my own name at least. Catte is still suspicious of Vanilla still, I'm guessing he had some experiences like this before.

"Nice to meet you too!! Anyways would you like to eat something?" She pointed at the noodles and burgers behind her. My mouth was starting to water since I didn't eat anything for hours!! I could just eat Vanilla if I wanted to. Vanilla notice my mouth watering so she grabs the nearest food item and gives it to me. I quickly devour it and feel my hunger starting to fade. 

"Thank you so much. I felt like I was going to die from starvation!!!" I said scratching the back of my ear. The ice cream cat nods and smiles and then looks at Catte who is still suspicious of her. Catte grabs one of the noodles and eats it cautiously, He starts to purr and chug the noodles down. Vanilla watches him with a smug look on her face. She notices the bandages and wounds that we both have gotten from a fight.

"What on earth happened to you two??" She said obviously worried for us. I looked at my wound which reminds me of him and... Her.

"It was just some humans who attacked us. They tried to ambush us and they used two of their members to let our guards down." Catte meowed sadly. "The two members, One of them had some type of cloak, He looked mean and scary, and the other was a scientist. Vanilla immediately knew who we were talking about.

"I know those two... did they really do that?" She looked sad. I was a little confused and Catte was surprised.

"You know them? Did they hurt you or anything." Catte meowed.