Confused

"Wakey Wakey!!!" I heard someone's voice shouting at me.  I think I should rest again...

"Hold on let me get something real quick!" Finally, it left. Peace and quiet... Of course, suddenly something splashes me with soda!! Coughing and... Hissing? I rub my eyes and stare at the black cat who smiles at me with a can of soda.

"That worked!! So how are you?! How do you feel!? I can't believe I actually infected someone!!" He kept blabbering on while I looked around and saw a cloak nearby. Picking it up with my... paws? My head is all fuzzy but I'm pretty sure this is not normal. Looking back he's still yapping about not paying attention to me. I feel all fluffy and furry, it's not like I dislike it but I definitely don't remember being this way. Hell! I can't recall anything that happened! I guess I'm forced to ask this Feline with the personality of a squawking parrot. Wearing this cloak which oddly seems familiar almost like I'm drawn to it makes me feel at ease or weirdly enough feel whole. 

"Do you know what happened here? Or possibly what's up with me, you know, Not remembering stuff?" I questioned him and he stopped his yapping or what I liked to call it no one gave me attention when I was born.

"I in- I mean! I saw you touching that crystal that turned you into a panther! LIKE ME!" He meowed. "You were also beaten up badly too! which I don't know exactly how." The feline continued. "So I checked up on you to see you were okay and splashed soda on you to wake you up, Lazy bones!" He giggled in a cute way but... I don't find it cute.

"Did you really HAD to use soda? My fur is super heavy because of that! I am still not used to this body still!" I protested. 

"You weren't waking up after all of the attempts I made so I had to pick up the soda can. It took some effort to even pick this thing up you know!" I was a bit skeptical about how hard holding a soda can be.

"Give me that" Grabbing it from its hands it immediately slipped away from my grasp. My gooey paw couldn't get a grip on this simple soda can.

"Okay, what the hell"

"Your body is basically goo now and well getting a tight grip on anything is difficult... Why are you wearing that cloak?" He pointed at me but mostly the cloak.

"I feel comfortable with it on" I stated. This cloak does feel familiar to me. Walking a few steps starts to get easier with this body. The feline was following me for some reason. I do have a feeling he may be the reason why I turned into this beast. I guess I'll ask it later while I look around the place. The first place I found interesting was the garden room seeing a lot of other creatures too. Some of them were a bit frightened though.

"What's a panther doing in here!" A green one said. The panther who was following me came in immediately.

"He's a nobody!" He pushed me out of the room and closed the door. "Okay, I need to tell you some things alright! people expect Panthers to be always angry and bloodthirsty which sounds kinda of a stereotype... I mean they're not wrong... and secondly being out in the light could get you caught by humans!" The Panther tells me this while trying to block the light from the ceiling clearly doesn't like the light.

"So why is your personality completely different?" I said with curiosity. He frowns a little.

"I don't know myself and... well I am more of an outcast to other panthers thinking I'm weak and other complications like that." He then looked at me and was surprised I did not show an ounce of emotion. Which kinda of offends him but also... happy?

"Hey! You're like me! Not angry at all for no reason! Except more... well... uhh dead inside?" He poked my cheek, I slapped his hand away. He laughed a bit and then decided we should go to the cafeteria. I see an ice cream cat working there and a dragon. The panther then whispers in my ear.