Ch.11-What Is One Thing I Regret?

Caesar

Korea

"You sent me to Shanghai, just to watch a stupid battle." I grinned. "It seems like he was right after all: it was worth my while..."

After watching Grid's allies fight, I was intrigued by what happened. They tried to control the kaiju and use its powers as their own. Then, another kaiju appeared from the oceans of Earth and saved them from the brink of death; I followed it and came to Korea.

I stared into the waters; I raised my hand and it glowed in red and blue energy. "Such power should not be wasted." I chuckled. "You will serve me well..."

I shot an energy beam into the waters and I laughed. I could hear the scream of the kaiju and feel it squirming around. Then, all of a sudden, the kaiju comes up.

"Ah...there you are."

The kaiju screeched. It charges its energy and slowly turns towards me.

"Oh...? You are quite strong indeed." I clenched my hand and the energy became even stronger. "But not as strong as me..."

The kaiju's blue eyes turned red and its scales turned into a darker blue color; its teeth became sharp and its frills grew more hideous.

"Oh...? You're Hibiki Takuya's friend, aren't you?"

The kaiju glared at me and it squealed.

"You will prove quite useful indeed. Hahahahaha...!!!"

Gauma

New Tsutsujidai; nighttime

I chuckled. "I knew they were able to do it..."

After seeing them win, I walked back towards my house under the bridge. I was planning to meet Hime afterwards, but I decided to go grab a few things before I left.

My Home

I arrived and saw a strange man with dark brown hair, glasses, and a white coat sitting down under the bridge.

"Oi! What're you doing?"

He turned around and grinned, then he stood up. "Yo."

I went towards him. "Are you lost?"

"No, I came here for a reason: to meet you."

"Meet...me?"

He grinned again and lent his hand. "It's nice to meet you, Kaiju Eugenicist Gauma."

I was shocked by what he said and knocked his hand away. "Who are you?!"

He chuckled. "Just a friend of one of your friends. That's all."

"And who is that...?"

"I'll tell you, on one condition: answer my questions."

"Why the hell would I do that?!"

"Hmph. So, you don't want to know who I'm talking about? Or...even who I am?"

I glared at him and wondered about it. If this guy knows me, knows everything about the Kaiju Eugenicists, then...

"So?"

I grunted. "Fine! Just do it quickly."

He chuckled. "One; you've fought many battles, alongside with your comrades. What was your motivation for fighting?"

I chuckled. "Family and friends."

"Of course..." He chuckled. "Two; out of everyone in your life, who is the most important to you?"