Chapter 15

Recap:

He quickly turns the steering wheel to the other side. to prevent us from crashing into a building, but instead the car goes the other way, this time with more force and we crash into the building, my ears ringing with the impact.

And that's when everything goes black.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~~ ~

I wake up to a bright light blinding me. My hand goes up to my eyes instinctively. I slowly get up and notice I'm lying on a white hospital bed. The thin mattress resulting in a numb ache in my spine. For a split second, I'm super confused, then the events slowly come back to me, and I lay back down, letting out a sigh. There's a dull throbbing in my head and the room appears to be spinning. I look around to see the whole room completely empty. No flowers, no chocolate or any get well cards.

I let out a sigh once again. 

Of course no one visited me, who would wanna visit me? Brianna's at a sleepover party and well besides Marcus, I don't even have any friends....

Marcus.

Where's Marcus? I shoot up from my bed and worry floods my brain. I quickly disconnect all the tubes attached to my body, and notice I've been changed into a white hospital robe.

I slip on some shoes and slowly tiptoe out the room. I walk in to the hallway and look around to see nurses walking around everywhere, visitors as usual sniffling into tissues.

I then spot Marcus's mum walking past and I decide to follow her, instead of going up to her. I've never been good at talking to adults.

His mum turns into a room just a couple off doors down mine and walks inside. I stay outside the room and look in through the window. I sigh in relief when I see he's okay. I can't help but compare his room to mine. His was filled with auntys, uncles, cousins, grandparents. It was just such a happy atmosphere compared to mine.

I decide against waving to him and walk back into my room, and lie back down on my bed and stare up at the ceiling.

I wonder where Mackenzie went after we crashed? Surely she would have noticed a car crashing behind her, does that mean she knows we were following her

Just on cue, Mackenzie sashays into the room, clutching some flowers for me.

"Hey Nikki!"she smiles warmly and walks over to me, placing the flowers on the bedside table.

I remain speechless, and the tension between us sizzles, despite Mackenzie failed attempt to seize it. I don'd understand her, one moment she's so mean, and the next she's acting like my best friend?

"H-h-hi...." I say awkwardly.

"Nikki, I need to talk to you about something."

I raise my eyebrow at her, indicating her to go on.

"I know you were following me yesterday...before you crashed...Nikki I don't want that happening again please."

"Why? Are you hiding something?"

"No!" she says far too quickly. "There is stuff I know, that you don't need to know! It will only make things worse!"

"Make what worse?"

"I can't tell you Nikki! Just remember, I wouldn't ever..willfully....hurt you okay? I know things haven't been good between us in the past, but I would never, ever, willfully harm you in any way? Okay?" she asks and I hear her voice tremble as she speaks.

"I don't understand you! Last week you were so nice to me, then yesterday with Brandon you were acting like I killed your goldfish or something, and then here you are now?!" I say, raising my voice slightly.

"I told you, there are things that you are best of not knowing! And I'm sorry if I came across like that! And I would stay away from Brandon if I were you....he's nothing but trouble. He may be sweet, but he was links that could do so much harm to you."

"Oh please! You just don't want me near 'your man'", I roll my eyes at her.

She takes a deep breath, as if calming herself.

"I have to go now, but keep in my mind what I said okay?" she says and walks towards the door. "Oh and get well soon." and then she leaves me, so many questions forming in my mind.

Well now I know as soon I get out of this hospital, who I'm going to. The only person who may have the answers to my questions.

The one and only Brandon.

A/N Omg I can't wait to know what my brain comes up with next ha! Heyyy! I know I haven't updated since forever...sowwy....I've just been so stressed lately! Like I've got soo many assignment and stuff. I have learned you can never have a wattpad life, a fangirl life and good grades at the same time.

I tend to just stick with the fangirl life...and the reading wattpad life....

I don't even have a social life anyways so HAHHAHA!!

Follow this account : 

for an early update?

Also pleaaasee vote, and comment and follow! Reading your comments really makes me motivated to write more, so early updatess! :)

xoxo

- Lish