Chapter 19

I stare intently at the man who I thought I could depend on, the man who I thought would be the flashlight to guide me home when I lost the way. The walls of trust I built so high with my bare hands, come crashing down, landing on top of me and killing what's left of me. I flutter my eyes closed and swallow the emotion, refusing to let him see the worst in me yet again. 

His warm puppy eyes stare at me, begging for forgiveness or just a drop of mercy, but I've been drained of any of that the night I was left alone the very first time, cuddling my little sister on my lap as our wails flew across the small town. 

"Okay.", I say simply, nodding my head repeatedly. "Well take me", I say, raising my voice as  I hold out my arms to him. "Capture me so you can bathe in riches, after all, what's a poor girl worth next to a diamond cup aye?". I say, fading into a whisper. My eyes sting with wetness. 

"No it's not like that!, I didn't know it was gonna be you till after I signed up", he cries, his voice cracking with emotion. 

"Oh so from the very start? You never really liked me did you?", I scream. Conflicted emotion seethed off of me, flowed into the roots of my hair to the tips of my feet, till I was overwhelmed. 

I wait without knowing what for, perhaps an answer, perhaps a justification, just anything that proved those disgusting words he just said wrong.

"Just let me explain", he says breathlessly. 

"I'm waiting.", I say without any emotion, and realize my previous desires were impossible, I could wait for an eternity but Brandon still won't be able to justify himself. 

"I don't know.", he says with a shrug of the shoulders. I take a sharp breath of air in and nod, taking those delightful features in for the very last time. Hoping my eyes drown in their beauty, drown and sink to the bottom, capturing me fully and without a single protest. Hoping they take me as a whole and hold me close. But a dead body always manages to float to the top, it never sinks. With that a flow of tears swims through. I say a silent goodbye through my continuous nodding and take the deep sigh from his mouth as a reply. 

Without a word I get out of the car, closing the door even a struggle. I run away from the monster despite his charming facade I always fell a bit too deeply for. The sun shone brightly in the sky, and that's what I felt like. So far away and lonely, knowing one day my day will come where I just explode into bits. I walk aimlessly to the small park in the corner of the intersection, and take a seat in the old swing. 

I pull out an aspirin from my purse and swallow it whole. I tug at the roots of my hair as tears flow mercilessly from my cheeks. 

A small blonde girl takes notice of my presence and walks towards me in a somewhat robotic pace. 

"Nikki?". she speaks in a high tone, holding so much innocence. I frown in suspicion, my tears halting. 

"H- how do you kn-know my n-name?", I stutter, wiping my face from any moisture. 

She smiles at me, motioning with her hands for me to come closer. Reluctantly I move my head forward and watch her excitement burst over her. I bring my ear to her mouth as she opens her lips to form some words. 

"We've been looking just for you...maxwell," she snarls and I watch her grin grow and grow, till it becomes much too large for her sweet face. Her teeth turn yellow and stained like those of a smoker, her breath stinking of alcohol. Her upper lip covered with a messy stubble, with flecks of grey. Her eyes change next, from the brilliant blue that held innocence and pureness, into a dark grey which almost laughs at my face. 

I watch as her whole body changes, to those of a middle aged man, wearing rags and torn slippers. Her body twists and turns until any trace of the little girl is gone. 

"I knew lover boy would let you go.", he says with an unwelcoming smile. 

My heart suddenly halts from a million beats a minute to none. I knew exactly who this man was, and the thought brought back last night dinners to my mouth. 

Aaron. 

The one my dad escaped from. 

The one who took my sister.

Before my brain can register the truth of it all, he leaps at me, throwing me to the ground. My back collides with the gravel and I yelp in pain, as the bone tremors. I raise my knee to try and knock him off but he's too strong for me, and locks down all my limbs down and snarls from above. I spit at him, and watch his face twist with disgust. He lets go of one of my arms and reaches back into his pocket. I use the chance and press a mighty punch to his cheek. I cringe as I hear the cracking of a tooth. 

"You brat!", he cries, and raises a white towel from his pocket. 

I open my mouth to scream, but I'm too late as its pressed to my mouth and haziness takes over me, and I fall into a deep sleep. 

A/N Not edited. Sorrrry if it sucksss eeeek. 

Heyyy. Um so its me. Im sorry. I don't know what to say i left u all on a cliff hanger for so long omg soRRY. I actually planned to update yesterday....but well i kinda managed to blend my fingers in a blender somehow and i now have a cast so im typing with one hand. I know, even the nurse laughed when I told her. lmaooooo. 

So i kinda moved on from dork diaries...sorry. And this story was written by 12 yr old me and lets just say I sucked big time back then. haha, but I don't want to be that guy and ruin the fun for everyone so here's an update.

Hope you enjoyed! Pls comment and vote! :)

xxx

- Lish 

__________________________________________