Chapter two

My pants were half way down my legs by now. 

Oh no, I thought.  He really wanted me to go all the way with him.  

    I pushed him away, ignoring his greedy hands.  "Gosh damn it, Terry!"  He yelled.  His face was fuming.  If he got just a little bit madder, you would probably see steam coming out of his ears.  

    "Baby, I'm sorry."  I hugged him, pushing his head to my chest.  "I'm just not ready yet.  Just wait a little longer for me."

    "I have waited 'a little longer'.  You don't know how long it's been since I've had sex!"  He whined.  

    I knew that he hadn't had sex in a long time.  Four months, to be exact, well... hopefully.  "I'm sorry, Josh.  I'm just not ready.  I'm not like all those girls at school that lost their virginity at fourteen."  I said, my voice very low.

    "Yeah, yeah."  Josh sat up angrily, and kissed my cheek.  He was angry.  He then walked out the door, slamming it behind him.  I sighed.  Why can't he just respect my decision instead of being a jerk about it?  

 That night, I lay still on my bed.  The light from the moon shined into my room, making it hard to fall asleep.  I remembered when Mom and I were really close, and she would put my head in her lap at night and hum a song until I fell asleep.  And that all changed because of Josh.

    He forced me to make a lot of changes in my life.  Well, he didn't force me, it was more like I knew he wanted me to do some things, and so I just did them to make him happy.  Like my best friend, for instance.  Her name was Bonnie Feltrop.  She is a nerd, like I used to be.  Josh didn't want me to be friends with her, so I let go of our tightly woven friendship that we had since grade one.  

    Then I remembered the day that Josh had asked me out.  At first, he was just showing interest in me, and being sweet and nice.  Then, he finally asked me out.  I was so excited, that I said yes right away.  

    But the gossip that day was unreal!  Everybody was asking,

"Why would Josh Dent, the sexy player, waste his time on Terry Bullard, the not-so-sexy-at-all nerd?”  I even asked myself that more than a couple times.  And when I asked him, he just said, "Why question it?"  

    By then, my eyes were drifting shut.  I couldn't stop them, so I just gave into the darkness.

    I awoke in the morning because the bright sun was shining in my face.  I was an early riser, so it was about 5:30.  Just enough time to get ready.  I quickly took a warm, relaxing shower.  I picked out my clothing.  Josh liked me in pink, so I decided to wear a short, pink skirt, along with a white short-sleeved Hollister shirt.  Then, to add on, I put on a cute pink jacket, and my white flats that had a cute little bow on the side.

    I sent Josh a text asking him if he was picking me up.  He never texted me back, so I just decided to walk.  I hated when I needed a ride to school, and he wouldn't give me one.  He knew I didn't have a car, and that my mom was at work so she couldn't drive me.  

    The cold air brushed me exposed legs and I shivered.  Jesus, it was cold out here!  Well it was only March.  

    I continued walking down the road until I reached the school.  The parking lot was crowded, as usual.  I started to jog towards the school, seeing Josh waiting at the front door.  I skipped up the steps and stood in front of him.  "Josh..."  

    "I know, I know.  And I'm sorry.  But I need sex, Terry.  And if it's not sex, it needs to be something else."  He smirked at me.

    "... Like what?" I asked hesitantly.