Chapter 12

Chapter 12

The next day, I woke up from the bright sun shining in my face. I checked my phone, and saw a text from Pride. Good morning, beautiful  was what the text said. 

Why had I gotten a good morning from a guy friend, but I had never once gotten one from my boyfriend? 

I replied a quick hello back and stood up. My vision was clouded over by black, and I fell to my knees. 

“Terry?” My mom’s voice was laced with alarm. “Are you okay?” She grabbed my arms and helped me up. 

“I’m fine, Mom…” 

“What happened? Why did you fall?”

“My vision just like… Went black. I don’t know.” 

“That’s a sign of lack of sleep.”

“Mom, I’m fine. Stop worrying.”

“I think you should stay home today for rest.”

I didn’t protest. It’s not like I wanted to go to school anyways. I got back in bed, exaggerating my “sickness”. 

My phone vibrated on my stomach, startling me. I opened the message from Pride. What’s up cutie??

I replied. “Faking sick. I’m not coming to school. ;P”

I will miss you.

No flirting, remember? I have a boyfriend. I replied.

That won’t stop me.

Obviously. I replied.

I should ditch with you today. And then we can hang out!  

I thought about it… But before I could actually register my thoughts and think about the pro’s and con’s of the situation, Pride called me. “Hello?”

“So did you get my text?”

“Yes. I was just about to think it through before you called me an interrupted me.”

“Oh… Well, what’s the answer you’re leaning towards?”

I grinned. “Well I have to think about it.” I said, teasingly.

“Just say yes.”

I rolled my eyes. “Pick me up at 11.”

“Will do, Cutie.”

I hung up. About an hour later, my mom entered my room and told me she was going to work. I told her that I would be fine, and not to worry about me. Ten minutes after she left, I got into the shower. I felt like I should look good for him. I don’t know why, I never wanted to look special for Josh. 

I put my hair up in a cute ponytail, and even put on eyeliner and eye shadow. 

Was I being a bad girlfriend? Going and hanging out with other guys? Well, how would Josh ever find out?

I watched TV until I head a car pull into my driveway. I looked through the blinds and seen a red truck. Pride was sitting in the driver’s seat.

I ran outside and got into the passenger seat. 

“Where are we going?”  I asked.

“To my house.”

“Are you sure that’s okay…?”

He gave me a weird look.  “Why wouldn’t it be?”

“I just… I don’t know.”  I thought that if I went to his house he would try something on me.  I wasn’t ready.  Especially for someone who wasn’t my boyfriend.

It felt weird saying “I’m not ready” when I wasn’t even a virgin anymore… But if I had had a choice, I would be.

About 10 minutes later we arrived at a common neighborhood where a lot of people at our school lived.

We drove into the driveway of one of the bigger houses, and Pride got out. When I didn’t get out, and I was too busy staring at his house, he walked around and opened the door for me. 

“Thank you,” I laughed. “But I wasn’t waiting for you to open the door for me.”

“Oh… Well what were you waiting for?”

“Nothing. I was looking at your house.”

It’s not really that big.”

“Not really that big?!”  I yelled, getting out of the car. “Your house is huge!”

“Eh, whatever…” He said quietly, leading me to the front door and unlocking it.  He stepped inside first, then let me in.

He told me to take my shoes off, so I did. Then he led me to his room. His house was beautiful. It was kept perfectly neat and tidy, not like my house what-so-ever.

We walked into his room, and he quickly grabbed the dirty clothes off of his bed. 

“Sorry,” He muttered. “I wasn’t thinking before I left or else I would have cleaned up a little…”

“No, it’s completely fine.  Trust me.  I’m used to it.”

Even though I had told him it was okay, he still finished cleaning up.

“Oh, I’m being rude.  Sit down.”  He gestured toward his bed.

Slowly, I made my way to the king sized bed and sat down. He sat down next to me.

“So what would you like to do?”

“It’s your house. You pick.”  I answered. 

“Okay.  Lets go.”  He led me back though the house, but this time into a basement, and through the back door.  In their backyard was a beautiful garden, full of colorful flowers. But behind the beautiful flowers was a huge trampoline. He ran to it, and jumped on.  I followed him, and he helped me get on it.

Together we jumped. 

We jumped for what seemed like hours, playing games like “Crack the Egg”, “Tag”, and “Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie”.

In the end we were just jumping up and down.  It made me feel like a little kid again.  I missed when I was little and no real problems on hand. I missed when I didn’t have to worry about getting raped by Josh.  I missed when Josh didn’t exist.

Suddenly, I bumped into Pride and we fell.  He landed on top of me. For a minute we laughed, until I realized our position.  He was on top of me, his hands on both sides of my head.  I stopped laughed at the same time he did.  I guess he also realized our awkward position. 

We were looking into each others eyes. Then the next thing I knew, his lips were on mine. 

I knew I shouldn’t be doing this. But it just felt so right.

_____

Sorry it took me forever to write!