Chapter 6: Simulation

(A/N: Thanks for reading and happy 4th of July! I decided to update today as it was such a good day too. I finally worked out my schedule, so updates should come more often. I'm sorry for my procrastination in updating this story, but I hope I can make up for it!)

I must have fallen asleep sometime during my rethinking the whole "Become a Pilot" plan I had ideally created in my head. All I know is that I was shaken awake by cold, slick, hard hands. Only when I cracked open my eyes slightly did I recognize the smiley face screen on a chest surrounded by metal caging.

I mouthed an "Oh" as the lanky robot started speaking to me.

"Excuse me, Miss Kyna, but I must escort you to the Simulation Arena. If you will please follow me." It turned and walked towards the door, curled its metal fingers around the doorknob, and opened it with ease before walking into the hallway.

"The wonders of technology..." I murmured to myself as I rolled off the bed onto my feet. I reached my arms over my head to stretch my practically nonexistent muscles before following the Marvin towards what I suppose would be the Simulation Arena.

Marvin would point out important rooms and whatnot, telling me which ones were "No-Go's" and which ones were "Yes-Go's". "Over here is the lounge for all trainees. In here we have cards, poker, easels, instruments, or basically anything on the entertainment spectrum. After training you can come here to make friends with the other pilots."

I wanted to peek inside, but there were no windows and Marvin was already moving again. I just frowned at the closed door before jogging to catch up with my escort.

A couple more doors later, Marvin stopped in front of a door made of what looked like reinforced steel. He pressed his hand to a pad on the right side of the door, which caused a numbered keypad to slide out from a panel above the hand scanner... thingy.

He typed in a code that had to be at least twenty numbers long. Once he was done, the keypad slid back into its place and the door slid upwards, disappearing into a socket. Marvin then gestured for me to enter the room first, and I was happy to oblige.

I was happy to, of course, since I had literally walked into the equivalent of a candy store for children. I couldn't hold the grin off my face; it was impossible to wipe it off. There were old titan parts everywhere, and gadgets and gizmos aplenty. However, it was what was attached to thousands of wires and was being put together that held my attention.

There, in all of its glory, was an Ogre titan. There were three things going on at this point in time: (1) Holy crap it's huge (2) I want it so freaking bad, and (3) What in the universe am I doing here?

At this point, Marvin had to wave a mechanized hand in front of my face a couple of times to regain my thoughts. If robots could smile, I bet he would be right now. "If you'll excuse my interruption, could you please step into this training pod?" He waved his hand over to an oddly shaped machine.

It looked like an octagonal prism of sorts, only the base was much larger than the top. It was just the right size for a human to sit in, and you could tell that you were supposed to because of the leather chair in the center of it. There were also a bunch of tiny holes evenly placed throughout the pod, and I wondered what their purpose was.

Marvin asked me to take a seat, in which I did. He pointed out a handle on the roof of the pod, stating that it would cause the door to close and the simulation to begin. He also made it clear that this simulation would not involve any titans, but would instead focus on things such as my preferred weapon, parkour training, and situational training.

I nodded my head in thanks (which was basically pointless as it was a robot), and reached up to pull the handle. I pulled it down and turned it to the side as instructed before the dots I noticed earlier began to glow green. Suddenly, green rays were scanning me up and down, and while I tried not to be too freaked out by it, I felt my vision go cloudy.