A Titan's Heart

(A/N: For those of you who are reading this and have never heard of Titanfall, I have no idea how to explain the whole thing to you. So, the following link will bring you to the official Titanfall wiki, which has everything you need to know about the basis of my story! Here it is: "http://titanfall.gamepedia.com/Titanfall_Wiki" By the way, my paragraphing sucks and I do not own Titanfall!)

Kyna's heartbeat roared in her ears as she walked. Even though she was right behind her brother, she still felt extremely vulnerable against the distant gunfire. Her tear-stained face turned upwards as she looked at her older brother's face. His determination and courage showed across his features as he led Kyna in hand towards a nearby building. After getting to the junction that opened up the entire dilapidated street to their view, Connor looked down at his little sister and smiled in reassurance. "We're going to be okay, Ky, ya hear me?" His eyes twinkled slightly and it almost made Kyna believe his words. But a strange feeling of despair rang through her. So, in response, she just smushed her face together in an expression that said she clearly didn't believe him.

Seeing as he seemed so sure of himself, Kyna just rolled her eyes and nodded before tightening her grip on his hand and following his lead once more. By that time they had almost reached the abandoned house, tremors started shaking the ground lightly beneath their feet. The loose dirt and pavement trembled in fear as the unseen source approached, the shaking growing more violent by the second. The cracks that were already scarring the terrain started to spread, and Kyna felt as if this was the scariest thing she had ever experienced. Her body started trembling on its own accord as terror wracked her body. She whimpered and looked up at Connor, who had his face turned towards something further down the street.

After what seemed like forever, she started to see flickers of emotion upon her older brother's face. First was recognition, as if he knew what he was seeing. Then came confusion as if he didn't know why whatever he was looking at was there. And then came the widening of the eyes, the hitched breath. Her brother was scared, and the source of his fear was directly behind her, and by the increasing magnitude of tremors, it was very, very close.

Connor looked down at her with this saddening smile etched into his face like some kind of mask. Foreboding melted her stomach, and her vision blurred as she guessed at what he was going to do. Upon seeing the tears, he bent down and wiped them from her cheeks with his thumbs before speaking. "Shhhh.... It's going to be okay. All I want you to do is go into the building like we planned. There is just something I need to take care of before I can join you."

Kyna's sobs grew more desperate as he spoke. He didn't need to leave her, so why was he? She moved her hands around his neck and squeezed him into a hug. "Pl-ease, PLEASE don't g-go..." she cried to him, but to no avail.

"You have to sis. I promise I will come back. I promise." He gripped her head in his hands and placed a kiss on her forehead before giving her a gentle shove towards the building. She stared at him for a second before stumbling into the house, her hand turning cold from the lack of warmth that it had so recently had. After she had entered the safety of the concrete structure, she turned back to look for her brother, but instead she felt her blood turn to ice.

Where her brother once stood, was a hulking silver titan. ~

(A/N: This was the prologue! It will help you better understand the story later on. Let me know what you think!)