3 Darkness walks among us

After the gathering, the students either continue training or resting in their quarters. The sun begins to set as the day comes to an end. Sitting on branch of a large tree were Y/N, Devyn, and Juniper while Kurt leans on the large plant.

Juniper: Man what a day.

Kurt: Yeah, I'm finally claim my title at last and I'd kicked your ass, Y/N.

Y/N: Don't start with that shit, Kurt. You were just lucky.

Juniper: So, suppose you get to another world. (giggles) What would you do there?

Kurt: Hm. Well, I haven't really thought about it.

Juniper: What do you mean?

Kurt: It's just... I've always wondered why we're here on this temple miles from civilization. If there are any other worlds out there, why did we end up on this one? And suppose there are other worlds... Then ours is just a little piece of something much greater. So we could have just as easily ended up somewhere else, right?

Y/N: I don't know.

Kurt: Exactly. That's why we need to go out there and find out. Just sitting here won't change a thing. It's the same old stuff.

Juniper: You've been thinking a lot lately, haven't you?

Kurt: Thanks to you three. If you hadn't ended here, I probably would've never thought of any of this.

Juniper: Heh, you're welcome.

Devyn: We have been here for over a decade. I wonder if there is something that involves a destiny.

From a distance, two armored hooded figures watch as Y/N, Devyn, their friends leave the tree to head back to the temple.

*

Later in the evening, Y/N and Devyn are at a lake not far from the temple. Devyn is playing with her flute.

Y/N smiles at his sister's performance. Then Shahra appears next to him which amazes Devyn.

Devyn: Who is she?

Y/N: Oh, I forgot to mention it. Devyn, this is Shahra. Shahra, this is my sister, Devyn.

Devyn: Hello, Shahra

Shahra: Hello there.

Devyn: Are you really a Genie?

Shahra: Yes I am.

A/N: I don't want to spoil for a reunion.

Shahra: Something troubling you, master?

Y/N: You don't have to call me master. I have a name ya know. It's Y/N.

Shahra: Very well then, Y/N... the legendary warrior.

???: This world is on the brink...

Y/N, Devyn, and Ninjini turn to see a masked cloak figure behind them.