Candy Apple Kisses

October 29-Metropolis, Delaware

It was around 2:00 in the afternoon, and you were at a crossroads. You were going to the Fall Fest with Clark, but you had no idea what to wear. You couldn't decide between a skirt and a sweater, or jeans and a turtleneck. You were pulled out of your thoughts when your phone buzzed.

'Here!'

You smiled at Clark's text and quickly made your reply.

'Could you come up?'

Within minutes, he was knocking on your door. You opened it just enough so that he could get through, but not enough to expose your current state to your neighbors.

"Hi!" You smiled as you gave him a quick hug.

"Hey!" His eyes traveled further down and his cheeks went red. "When I said dress however you want, this isn't exactly what I meant."

"I'm trying to pick an outfit. The skirt is cuter, but, the jeans are warmer."

"Whatever you want, honey."

"I'm asking you because I don't know what I want."

"Whatever makes you happy."

"Which outfit do I look better in?"

"You look beautiful in everything."

"I'll just go with the skirt."

"Actually, I kind of like the jeans."

"See? Was that so hard?" You teased as you gave him a quick kiss.

You changed into your clothes, and grabbed your purse.

"You ready to go?"

"Yep!"

Once you made it downstairs he opened your door and let you in before he got in on the other side. His car smelt like pine air freshener and some cheap cologne. But you didn't care. You liked it. Because it smelled like him.

"By the way, if Lois asks you to play corn hole, don't do it."

"Why not?"

"Because, she never wins, and always gets mad."

"That sounds like her."

"But, it'll be fun."

"I can't wait."

After parking the car, you walked together into the festival.

"You must have a lot of stuff like this back home, right?"

"Oh, yeah. Every year, we have the Harvest Festival. Everyone in town brings their own crops to sell."

"Do you ever miss Smallville?"

"Sometimes. I miss the farm, the quiet, my parents. But, I try to go back whenever I can."

"Well, next time you do, let me know. I'd love to see your hometown."

"I might have to take you up on that."

As you walked into the crowd, you saw your group of friends waving at you.

"Amber!" Cat exclaimed. "I'm so glad you made it!"

"So am I!"

"Candy corn?" Jimmy asked as he held out a small bag of it.