[OMAKE] - To a New Year

New Year's Eve, the night before the start of another year.

Y/N stood on the Hyperion bridge, looking down at the dimly lit city below, the bustling atmosphere could be heard even in the sky.

At this time, Hyperion and St. Freya Academy, except for the necessary lights, is completely dark, and the only brighter light is the moonlight outside.

The Valkyries have already gone back to celebrate the new year along with the people Y/N had met far earlier, but failed to notice the Einherjar silently slipping away from the commotion before entering the Hyperion alone.

In the quiet atmosphere, Y/N wandered on the Hyperion alone, it has already been a year over and yet he did not feel lonely. After all, he has long been accustomed to this kind of alone time, and besides... the environment is too lively for Y/N who's accustomed to battles and death, it will be a bit uncomfortable so only when he is alone can he calm down and relax.

Coming to the deck outside Hyperion, facing the biting cold wind, Y/N found a relatively nice position and then sat there without any protective measures and then placed two glasses on the deck next to a bottle of osmanthus wine.

Wordlessly, he poured the wine into the glasses before speaking out loud into the night.

"Happy New Year, Morax."

Picking up the wine glass, he lightly touched the other glass that no one was there to touch or pick up and the crisp sound reached the Einherjar's ears.

After drinking the wine, subconsciously, the coldness in the air became more and more obvious, but Y/N didn't feel the slightest coldness. It was obviously the Spring Festival, but the old Archon he was most familiar with seeing in dreams and visions was missing.

It's a little uncomfortable to fair, all those time he asked Morax for help and guidance on his powers and what to do and not do, he felt lost without the old god's presence within his Gnoses.

He stared blankly at the endless night sky ahead, the cold wind blew across the time traveller's cheeks, ruffling his hair, and the clouds that were within reach drifted away when they were about to approach him...

Slowly closing his eyes, Y/N thoughts gradually emptied... the Valkyries, the ones who he called friends... they are probably still happily preparing for the reunion dinner now.

============================

In the Valkyrie's residence, several familiar faces were busy there, and even some people who usually like to play tricks began to put their minds into the time of preparing the reunion dinner.

As the delicious dishes are brought to the table one after another, it means that the time has gradually come to the busiest moment.

"Everyone, it's time to eat." Mei called out.

"Finally!" Kiana shouted with glee.

With a call, the Valkyries and Y/N's friends took their seats and soon, someone sat in the originally vacant seat and in less than a minute, the dining table was already full of people.

During the countdown to a new year, everyone's face is filled with happy smiles.

"Three... two... one- wait a minute, is there someone missing...?" Himeko suddenly stated, realising a certain Einherjar gone.

Theresa said as she looked around, but couldn't find the familiar figure as Xiao, Ganyu, Alexander and the others also turned to see a lone vacant seat.

"Where did Y/N go?" Fu Hua questioned.

"Did you not inform him?" Senti scrutinised, earning a daggered stare from her counterpart.