Chapter 17: Re:BorN - Summer Vacation in the Underworld!

Rosso's narrative: I've faced death in my journey... many times...

ORC Building...

That fateful day... At the ruined Occult Research Club building... smoldering in smoke and flames... a sound of thunderstrikes occurs as it flashes... clouds gather and rain upon the ruined landscape... the sounds of swords clashing at this very ruined building...

Jeanne's narrative: You've heard of it, haven't you? The Legend of Sparda? When we were young, raised in a village, my mother would tell us stories about it.

One was the familiar face of the Son of Dante, Rosso Sparda Redgrave... charging at his enemy with a might of his Rebellion in his hand...

Jeanne's narrative: Long ago, in ancient times, a demon rebelled against his own kind, and faced three powerful factions... for the sake of the human race.

He swings his longsword toward the enemy he's facing in an ill-fated showdown...

Jeanne's narrative: With his sword, he shut the portal to the depths of the demonic realm, sealed the evil entity off from our human world, then slain two powerful heavenly dragons that ran amok, and defeat the four great devils.

The enemy that he's fighting reveals to be a beautiful 17-year-old girl of Japanese descent with dark purple hair with a hime-cut tied in a short ponytail with a horn-like hair ornament, indigo eyes with red eyeliner. Her dress consists of a white, black, and red samurai-like combat suit. A black crop top with black body sleeves attached to her black choker with a red ornament, her corset has an assortment of patterns in different shades of black white, and red. A pair of different black gauntlets on her lower arms. A black long skirt that reached to her sides and a short black cloth-like skirt attached to her front and a red side skirt with samurai-like armor on her left hip. White thigh highs with black highlights on her thighs and a gold ornament on. Red high-heeled black boots that reached the middle of her shins.

The girl in black clothes ready her red katana that has a grey-silver serpent-like ornament on the blade near the tsuba

The girl in black clothes ready her red katana that has a grey-silver serpent-like ornament on the blade near the tsuba... facing the young mercenary...who happens to be her lover...

Jeanne's narrative: But since he was a demon himself, his power was also trapped on the other side.

Rosso swing his blade horizontally to the left which the purple-haired girl narrowly avoided and raised her katana above for an overhead cleave...

Jeanne's narrative: I always believe... I always believe that the legend was true... until I finally knew that the legend was no longer a myth at all...

Both Rosso and the girl in black exchanged blows when they swing their swords at each other to the right on the opposing sides before they clashed their blades...

Jeanne's narrative: Sparda existed. How do I know? Well...

As the fight ensues, Rosso and the purple-haired girl clashed their blades three times before continuing...