Chapter 22: Re:BorN - The Decisive Victory! Griffon's Whackiest Adventure!!

At the Battlefield

Rossweisse: Mjölnir...

Rossweisse gasped as she looked at the extra-large hammer descending from the heavens. Loki clicked his tongue, realizing Odin had planned this.

Loki: Mjölnir!? So that old fool is seriously going to stop me...?

Rosso knew what must be done as he calls out to his friend, letting him know what to do.

Rosso: Issei!

Issei: Got it!

Issei flew upwards, with his dragon wings beating powerfully as he soared through the sky.

Astolfo: Yes! He's got this!

Astolfo cheered gleefully, feeling a sense of hope that their friend could use the hammer to defeat Loki.

Jeanne: With this, we have a chance of stopping Loki!

Sieg looked up, preparing to move where he need be, only to see that Loki did not look disturbed. Only irritated.

Sieg: Why isn't he worried?

He felt a growing sense of discomfort and foreboding. As if something ominous happens to Issei... Soon, a shadow crossed over his head, causing Sieg to snap in dread and realization; Fenrir was about to kill Issei.

Sieg: Issei! Look out!

Issei: Eh?

Fenrir: *ROAR!*

*CRUNCH!*

???: Gaaaaarrggh!

However, Fenrir's fangs did not reach Issei, but rather someone else taking the blow... One minute, he was floating in the air, the next, Issei felt like he was shoved away from Mjölnir as soon as he crashed on the ground. And then he saw Rosso, in his Devil Trigger form, took the blow of being crunched in the large jaws of Fenrir.

Issei: BRO!!!!!!!!!

Rosso felt detached from his surroundings. In fact, it would not be a stretch to say that he was feeling an out-of-body experience since he's been through a lot of living hell.

Rosso: Gaahhh!

Rosso could only scream in pain, not even having enough composure to form a single sentence in his mind. Fenrir bit down harder, making even more holes in his clothes. But he still used his remaining strength to aim Maverick at Fenrir's face at point-blank range.

Rosso: *hoarse* You're one bad pup...

*BANG* (x24)

Firing a rapid-fire Maverick Shot, Fenrir painfully howled, feeling much immense pain from the bullets he took from Rosso which forced the beast's fangs to release his prey, falling down toward the ground as the giant wolf runs away from the Demon Slayer with a whimper.

Jeanne: Rosso!

Jeanne's shout drew Sieg's eyes away from the falling mercenary, instead focusing on the straw-blonde-haired girl who had shouted. And she's not the only one who's worried for Rosso.

Issei: Bro!

Rias: Rosso!

Viola: Cuz!

Griffon flaps and hovers near Sieg as they watched the gravely injured Rosso, who collapsed on the ground.

Griffon: Oh shit! Not Rosso! No way! I like that ki-... hang on a minute! HEY EVERYONE! YOU DO REALIZE HE HAS A HEALING FACTOR, RIGHT?!?! That means he's good, right?

Sieg: It's not that easy, Griffon! Even a healing factor has limits since it would take a lot of time to fully recover!

Griffon: Well shit... does everyone have healing potions or something!? If not... Then I guess I go take a shit...