Heroes vs Villains

Third POV

The second day at UA started in chaos. Shouta and Hizashi ended up leaving much earlier than they would normal. So the nekos, Katsuki, and Hitoshi took the city bus. When they got off and up to the school grounds, however, there was a massive group of reporters and camera crew pushing their way up to the front gate. It was loud, crowded, and overall the perfect recipe for disaster. None of the boys could find a way around the crowd and neither Shouta nor Hizashi had responded to the nekos texts. As they were running out of time to get to class, they finally decided to push through.

Katsuki took up the helm since he could match the yelling and had no hard feelings about pushing people out of the way. Shoto was behind him, holding tightly to Izuku's wrist as to not lose him in the crowd, and Hitoshi was in the back making sure everyone stayed together. They started off strong. They pushed through the crowd vigorously, cutting under legs, pushing away arms, steam-rolling bodies. They all thought it was going well, especially as they noticed other students struggling to get through.

It all changed when they got 10 feet from the gate.

As they were pushing through the crowd, they all of a sudden got pushed from behind and stumbled to the floor. They all landed in a pile, thankfully in one of the only clear spaces in the crowd. They tried getting their bearings but they could see more and more reporters converging into their space. They clamored to their feet and made a last-ditch attempt at sprinting the last 10 feet through the gate.

When they got through, they were all panting in exhaustion but the real panic started when they stood fully back up. "Sun?!" Shoto yelled out startled, looking around them for the now missing neko. "Where's Sun?!" Shoto panickingly asked the other two. The neko had let go of Izuku's wrist when they fell to the floor and hadn't had time to grab it again before they took off running. Katsuki and Hitoshi could only shake their heads, panicking themselves cause they had not seen the other neko since they fell to the floor.

Back in the crowd, Izuku was panicking in the middle of all the chaos. He was trying to call out for Shoto but any words he let out were drowned out by everything else. When the 4 boys fell into the pile, Hitoshi fell in front of Izuku and therefore closer to Shoto and Katsuki. As the boys were also getting up to run the last of the way, Izuku had been pushed down again as the crowd converged around them. This time, however, he landed wrong, and pain shot from his ankle.

Now Izuku was hugging his knees, trying to make himself as small as possible. Tears were streaming quickly down his face and he was trying hard to get enough oxygen into his lungs. There was just too much going on that the neko couldn't focus on one thing to help him calm down. His panic was getting louder but he was startled out of his panicking thoughts when he felt a body trip over him. He heard the crash in front of him and when he looked up to see who fell over him, he was met with a familiar bright and sparking blond.

When the blond looked at what he tripped over in his rush and saw it was one of the nekos in his class, he immediately felt bad. He noticed immediately the panic and fear in the smaller boy's eyes. "Yamazawa? You alright?" Izuku doesn't really know why he did what he did next. Maybe it was just cause he was relieved to have a visual of something he could recognize. Or maybe he was just that scared and desperate. Either way, Izuku just flung himself to grab onto Kaminari in a desperate hug.

The blond wrapped his arms around the neko as he started mumbling about how he lost Moon and couldn't see anything or hear anything. Kaminari, recognizing the incoming panic attack, tried his best to relax the neko. He turned his body towards the stampeding reporters and wrapped his own body around Izuku's to give the neko a sense of quiet confinement out of the chaos. Then, Kaminari grabbed the neko's hands and put them against his chest, and took deep breaths, "Hey, Yamazawa, can you copy my breathing for me? I promise, I'll get you back to your brother when you calm down."