Chapter 1

This is my first book and I'm only 13 (now 15) years old. Please vote, comment, follow and I will try my best to make this an excellent book. This book is dedicated to my family and best friends Kira, Imogen and Kym :)  Enjoy!

              ~ Ezra

-------------------------------------------------------------------

BEEP,BEEP,BEEP!!!

What's that?? Seriously will it stop. HA-HA funny, it sounds like my late alarm for when I only have 20 minutes till school.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Sh*t!!! THAT IS MY ALARM!!! I'm so gonna be late!! Why do I always go to bed so freaking late when I know I have school in the morning? Wait I know! It's because I'm stupid that's why.

Yeah, now I'm rushing around with one leg inside my black, skinny jeans, my black tube top not fully on me, my hair looking like I've been electrocuted and blind as a bat without my contacts. I probably looked like a panda with a lions mane scurrying around and bumping into things.

I washed my face, brushed my teeth and combed my hair. I should've did this first but who cares. I put in my contacts so I could see better and place a rhinestone headband on top of my head. I kept my hair down because it looked better with my outfit. I applied my makeup: little foundation, eyeliner, mascara, little blusher and lip balm to soften my lips. I put on my black, knee-high boots and looked in the mirror before going downstairs. Pleased with the result, I skipped down to the kitchen.

Suzie, our maid, was in their cooking up some breakfast for my younger siblings. The chef was supposed to do it but he doesn't arrive until after 10am as he has a family of his own and lives on the outskirts of town.

"Hello Madam Elise." she greeted me.

"Hey Suzie, how's your sister? I heard she was sick from what mother told me." I asked. Suzie was like a second mother when my mam was away for her job. She was around in her forties and she is one of the nicest people I have met.

"She's getting better. Just staying in her house with her husband." she answered.

"Hope she gets better soon. I haven't seen her a while and her kids. " I replied. I was pretty close with Lisa, Suzy's sister, and her two adorable kids,  Jay and Kate.

I just took a slice of toast already on the counter and walked towards the front door already running late. I only had 10 minutes to make it before the school bell rings for everyone to go inside and into their forms. Then 30 minutes before classes start. It seems walking to school can be accomplished, right? That's where your wrong. It's not if you live in  the area where the big, posh houses were on the other side of town and have no car. I'm 16 and don't have a car. Sad right? Well better start walking if I want to make it. I said goodbye to Suzie and opened the door.

"Bye, I'll see you after school!" I shouted to anyone that heard me upstairs.

"Okay, bye darling. Enjoy your day!" Mother replied, grunting as she helped my twin brother and sister get dressed.

"I'll try!"

I was walking down the pathway to the big, iron gates to see a jeep pull in. I looked in to see who was in there and to my surprise I saw Jason, my big brother. Jason left for university 6 months ago for his 2nd year and I haven't seen him since. I saw him jump out so I started to run towards him. I missed him so much. I have a good relationship with my siblings.  Once I was near him, I jumped and hugged him. He laughed but hugged me back. He spun me around before settling me to the ground. I took a look at him to see he has changed. His brown hair is now shorter and curly and has developed a tan. He's gotten taller and buffer. He was wearing ripped, washed out jeans with a dark blue polo shirt.

"You're back!" I exclaimed.

"Yup, I got a little time off and decided since I haven't seen yous in like forever, I'll come visit." he explained. I dragged him towards the house to tell everyone. School was shoved to the back of my mind.

When we went inside and to the bottom of the stairs, I shouted "Everyone, Jason's back!" I could hear footsteps running towards the staircase, mother appearing first. Once she saw him, she ran and gave him a hug, tears spilling from her eyes. The twins ran up to him and hugged his legs because there was not much room due to mother taking all of it. Plus they were so small.

After a while, they let go and my dad appeared and walked towards Jason. He grabbed Jason in a bone-crushing hug for a few seconds before releasing to let him breathe. Dad was really fun guy, not a serious one. He was a jolly, silly man that hated his job and wants to have fun.

They all started talking and I said my goodbye's and made my way towards the door already knowing I'm late for school.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pic of Elise's brother, Jason, on the side :)