Chapter 3

I slowly walked to my form on the bottom floor. I missed 15 minutes of my free time in form but I didn't care. My friends, in the same form, probably would be wondering where I was but I was too caught up with what happened this morning. Who was that and why were they/he/she/it was following me?? I wonder.....

I almost walked into a wall if Reese hadn't been there in time to stop me.

"Woah, watch where your going Elise. Wouldn't want that pretty, little head of yours having a bump now do we?" he asked.

"Oh, whoops sorry. Yeah I'm just thinking." I mumbled still in deep thought.

"Yeah I can sort of see that." he chuckled. "What are you thinking about?"

"Are you here to see Irella?" I asked him, ignoring his question.

"Yes I am, need to tell her something really important but don't avoid the question Elise. Answer me." he said.

I was torn on whether to tell him. He has nothing but been a brother to me. We would tell each other  everything ever since I talked to him in kindergarden and became best friends. He used to like me before but I turned him down. Over the years, we were still friends and I could tell he still liked me. I didn't want to hurt him. At a party a couple of years ago, I introduced him to Irella. One look and BAMM!!! Love at first sight. Ever since, we have been best mates till this day and he's happy in love with Irella. I wanted to tell him but I was afraid. Afraid of what he was going to day or if someone was watching me.

I didn't want to tell him cause it might be a one time thing and will be over. Knowing him, he'll call the police since he's that overprotective like my older brother.

"Jason's back." I said, hoping he would buy my lie.

He raised his eyebrows suprised. "Jason? I thought he was at Uni"

"Yeah, arrived this morning. Saw him before coming here. You should go visit him." Him and Jason were best friends. Jason was in his second year in Uni while Reese has finished school and is in his first year of Uni but sometimes pops into school to see us and he is allowed to do that since he was a talented student.

"I will. Suprised he's here actually. I'm gonna see Irella." He started to walk away and I was relieved that he moved off the subject and bought my lie. I started to do a little dance. I'm not very good at lying but I just proved everyone that Elise Fletcher can lie. BOOYAH!!! I'm not very good at it and not very good at disguising my emotions.

While in mid dance, Reece turned around and I paused. "Your going to tell me at dinner what your hiding or else, Elise Fletcher." he warned me before walking off again. My shoulders slouched as I could not lie and I'll have to tell him the truth. I quickly ran up to him and told him everything. The words came out like a river of letters as I spilled out everything. When I finished, he pulled me into an embrace and told me it's going to be okay. I pulled away to look at him and he had this angry look on his face.

"Reese, are you alright?" I asked concerned. He didn't respond. "Reese? I never should have said anything if you were going to be like this." I mumbled more to myself but he heard me.

"No, I'm just thinking." he said, a far away look in his eyes. His eyes flashed a golden colour but it reurned back to normal. I was confused. I must've been imagining things.

"Well I'm gonna go. Wanna come in?" I asked.

"Yeah, just a quick word to Irella."

I opened the brown, wooden door to my form. People either sat on the cream tables or the uncomfortable, red chairs in groups big and small. There were a few, coloured bean bags scattered around the room but were taken by the lads, who were talking to the girls. I made my way over to where they were at the back of the room. My friends jumped out of their seats to greet me and Reese.