There is no such thing as too messy

Hi guys, i'm back with a little oneshot, let me know what you think
Big Thanks to Rhi and Jana for helping me with this one! 

"Trav come on what is it?" Andy nagged. "You've been angry chopping those poor carrots for minutes now". Travis kept all his focus on the task at hand though. Andy grabbed the bag of carrots and hid them behind her back making sure he would look up. "I slept with someone" he blurted out while turning around to her. "You did!?! With who? I need details! Wait if you are angry chopping carrots instead of sending flirty texts something isn't right? What is it?" Andy dropped the bag of carrots on the counter and focused on being there for her friend. "It's nothing." Trav tried to end the convo, he wasn't used to spilling his secrets to Andy. Contemplating for a second, he knew he could trust Andy a part of him was eager to let it all out.

"Okay, it's someone I shouldn't have ended up in bed with. It was good, it was so good but... it's just too messy." Andy raised her eyebrow. "There is no such thing as too messy Trav." She chuckled. "Messes can be fun just make sure you don't get too attached. You deserve to have some fun, it's been a while since you and Emmett broke up. Don't let the messiness stand in your way." She smiled and nudged him.

Ever since she got back to 19 they've become closer than they used to be and she felt kinda proud that after everything he trusted her with his relationship struggles. "I like him, I do really weirdly like him, but I didn't even know he was gay until he ended up in my bed... HOW? Have I been single for that long that even my gaydar left me?" he threw his hands up. The campaign had kept him so busy that he hadn't realized how much time had passed since his breakup with Emmet. "Trav come on that gaydar didn't leave you, maybe it just took a little while to get it started again. You know practice makes perfect" Andy started laughing seeing the look on Travis his face. "Enough about me, speaking of messy love lifes what's going on with you? Who is the next love of Andy Herrera? You know I always thought you and Sullivan would last." He paused for a moment.

"Isn't it weird working together with your ex?" he then asked. "You know technically I work with two of them." Andy pointed out. "JACK! right of course! I almost forgot about all of that. I heard a rumor he proposed to you in the turnout room?" he lives for the gossip but never got this particular rumor, that circled the station at the time, confirmed from neither of them. "Well, yes and no. He didn't propose but he wanted to, had the ring and all." Andy cringed a little thinking back to that day. "So, what about the other one, you know, the one you did say yes to." Travis joked. Andy sighed. "I- I still love Robert and a part of me probably always will. Us Working together again has been a good thing honestly. After everything I put him through it surprises me that we found our friendship again." Travis's lips curled up a little hearing this confession. "You know I'll always be team Surrera." He gave her a serious stare.

"We will see. Anyway, speaking of my date life and not my exes; I'm confused, there is this one guy that's been chasing me for over a month now and he asked me out on a date, and I might have said yes but he hasn't responded yet and he usually is a very quick texter. I just hope he's alright. I don't know how to feel about him he's not really my usual type." Andy admitted. "Your usual type is big strong hot firefighter men, right?" Travis confirmed. "Can you blame me?!?" Andy laughed. "Nooo I totally get it." He smirked. "There is just something about that uniform and saving kittens and babies that is irresistible" Travis sighed, seeing the image in his head clearly.

Andy poured them both a cup of coffee and held up her cup. "To firefighters" She toasted. Trav grabbed the other cup and they cheered. "To firefighters". After a few seconds of silence Andy continued talking, needing to get more off her chest. "I just don't know what to do about this guy. I don't think it could ever be something serious and I'm not even sure I like him like that, but he is a damn great kisser." She blushed a little thinking back to their kiss. "We do love a good kisser. Andy just go out with the guy maybe it'll be fun and maybe a date will make you realize he is not the one but that doesn't mean he can't be your mister right now." Travis winked. "Now give me back my carrots I need to chop." they bursted out in laughter.