Five

Taehyung came home and freshened up, then sat on his couch in just a T-shirt and shorts. As he sank into the cushions, his mind wandered back to the deal. It still felt off to him, a gnawing discomfort that wouldn't go away. His thoughts wavered, uncertainty creeping in. He found himself having second thoughts, questioning whether he should go through with it after all.

Ring~

He glanced at his phone on the coffee table, and a smile spread across his lips when he saw the caller ID: 'Jiminie-Pabo'. He picked it up and was immediately greeted by an excited squeal from the other side.

"TAEBEAR!!" Jimin screamed, making Taehyung flinch. Park Jimin, his bestie and soulmate, was a male omega just like him and owned a charming café called 'Silly Smiles.'

"Yes, yes, Jiminie! I don't have any hearing problems, so speak normally," Taehyung chuckled with a smile.

"It's just my excitement speaking! Come on, tell me, did you get the deal?" Jimin asked cheerfully.

"Yeah, I did," Taehyung replied, hearing Jimin squeal in joy. "My baby, you finally got this! You made me proud, bear," Jimin exclaimed, wiping away fake tears as he smiled.

Feeling delighted for his friend, Taehyung smiled, sharing in Jimin's happiness.

Jimin is like a friend who just adds spice to your life

"When is your next meeting?" Jimin asked.

"Two days after," Taehyung replied, his voice carrying a hint of uncertainty that Jimin immediately picked up on.

"What happened?" Jimin inquired, sensing his friend's hesitation.

Soulmate powers

"Nothing," Taehyung replied with a sigh, but Jimin could sense something off in his friend's tone. Sensing Taehyung's reluctance, Jimin playfully threatened him to spill the beans.

"You can't even tell your soulmate, who's always been there for you. Now you're keeping secrets from your best friend? You've changed, Taehyung-ah," Jimin teased, adding a touch of drama to his voice.

"Overly dramatic drama queen! I'll tell you, of course. How could I not share my problems and have you nagging at me?" Taehyung huffed, making Jimin nod eagerly.

"Enlighten me," Jimin urged, his curiosity piqued.

"You remember that incident where an alpha flirted with me and was so shamelessly direct, saying 'I want you' or something like that?" Taehyung asked.

"Oh, that hot shot! I told you later that he was so handsome, you could have had a hookup with him," Jimin replied, recalling the earlier conversation.

"Jimin," Taehyung uttered in a stern voice, knowing Jimin always tried to hook him up with every handsome alpha he met. Taehyung was adept at ignoring such advances, and today he was in no mood to joke around about it.

"Okay, okay, continue," Jimin said, sensing the seriousness in Taehyung's tone as he dropped the bomb-according to Jimin, at least. "So, the weird alpha turned out to be the CEO of JJK Corps."

"What! That dude is a millionaire? Oh my God, Tae, we lost a potential candidate for your marriage," Jimin gasped, feeling utterly disheartened.

"Huh?" Taehyung could only mumble in confusion.

How did his marriage come in between

"My baby! He was handsome and he is RICH. Make him husband material already! And he was clearly lost in your beauty," Jimin emphasized, trying to get his point across. Taehyung understood where Jimin was coming from, but it made him roll his eyes.