Seven

Taehyung sighed as he glanced at the clock, realizing he'd been glued to his laptop screen for the past four hours. The once-engaging work had turned into a monotonous chore, and his back muscles ached from sitting in the same position for too long. His stomach growled, a reminder that he had forgotten to eat.

Setting aside the laptop, Taehyung stood up and stretched his body, feeling a little relief in his sore neck. He removed his work glasses and wandered into the kitchen, hoping to find something to please his grumbling stomach.

Looking at his refrigerator, Taehyung frowned and cursed himself. It was practically empty. Now, he had to make a trip to the convenience store to stock up on groceries and fill his empty stomach.

Hopping into his car, dressed in black trousers, a white T-shirt, and a jacket to avoid the cold winds, Taehyung started his journey to find a restaurant still open. It was already nine, the typical closing time for most places, but he hoped to find somewhere to grab a meal before it was too late.

Taehyung drove down the road and smiled when he saw that his favorite restaurant, "Grandma's," was still open. He loved the food there, and the sight of the familiar sign brought a sense of comfort and relief.

Opening the door, Taehyung was greeted by the warm, inviting aroma of home-cooked meals. He saw the old grandma, the restaurant's owner, standing behind the reception desk. Her kind eyes and gentle smile were a familiar and comforting sight.

"Grandmama Woo! How are you?" Taehyung exclaimed with a wide smile, his voice filled with genuine affection. He always felt at home here, and seeing her made his long day instantly better.

"Taetae baby! I am fine, how about you? Long time no see! Forgot me or what?" Grandmama Woo exclaimed, her face lighting up at the sight of her favorite customer. Her voice was filled with warmth and affection, making Taehyung feel at home.

"How can I forget you! I was busy with some work, but wait! Leave that—tell me, how is your health now?" Taehyung asked as he hugged her gently. He knew Grandmama Woo's health had become fragile with age, and he was genuinely concerned about her well-being.

"Of course I'm as healthy as when I was chasing after that old man!" Grandma Woo stated jokingly, her humor bringing a smile to Taehyung's face. He leaned in and kissed her forehead lovingly, a gesture of his deep affection and respect for her. Grandma Woo reminded him of his own grandmother, making her a truly special person whom he deeply cared for.

"Japchae is it?" Grandma Woo asked with a grin, already anticipating the delicious dish she knew Taehyung always enjoyed at her restaurant.

"You know me so well," Taehyung replied with a smile, appreciating Grandma Woo's familiarity with his favorite dish.

"Of course I'll know my favorite person, won't I?" Grandma Woo chuckled, enjoying their playful exchange.

"Your old man wouldn't be happy to hear this," Taehyung teased back, referring to Grandma Woo's husband.

"He can't be angry at me, he is too whipped for me," Grandma Woo laughed mischievously.

"That I agree," Taehyung said with a knowing smile, the bond between them evident in their playful exchange.

"Come on, sit. I'll bring your food," Grandma Woo said warmly, gesturing for Taehyung to take a seat in the nearly empty restaurant.

Taehyung nodded gratefully, settling into his familiar spot. He had stumbled upon this restaurant by chance one day, and since then, it had become his favorite. The natural bond he had formed with Grandma Woo and her husband made each visit special. The couple, sweet and endearing, radiated a warmth that made the place feel like a second home—a beautiful beta-omega couple, as Taehyung often thought fondly.