Chapter 4: Late Nights

Lupe Pov

I knew that Mav was going to give me so much shit for not coming home. I made my way into the place apartment?... honestly it felt as though of more of a house to me.

I kept looking down at my phone looking at the new number I knew was in there Taylor Swifts, honestly if Celia was here she would've already been giving me hell about it.

I walked as quietly as I could into the place I was currently calling home, when I heard "So trying to sneak in huh?"

"Come on Mav don't start that shit, it's way too early for that." I said as I can see a huge smile coming across his face.

"Lupe it's literally 1 in the afternoon, and you have new clothes. So you might as well answer if something happen.." they said as I followed them into the living room. 

"Can I at least take this thing off?" I said as pulled the mascot head off, "We are going to have to definitely figure out something with the mascot head."

"Ya ya.. well what happen?" Mav asked as they sat down onto the couch.

"We hung out and wrote music Mav." I said as I sat my bag down, my phone going off as I set it on the table.

Swift<3: did you make it back?
Jo :) : yes! are y'all already on your way?
Swift<3: just about to head out! make sure not to forget me!
Jo :) : like i could swift! text me when you make it in!

"Ok something did happen Lupe, who was just texting you?" Mav said taking my phone from my hands. "You have Taylors number? Your crush?"

"Come on don't start you said you wouldn't Mav! I mean finished the song and may have kissed but we are keeping it between the two of us. She has a boyfriend technically." I said completely rambling.

"Ok wait slow down. You two kissed? Like your first kiss Lupe? You literally just rambled it all out though, but what I am trying to figure out is by what do you mean Technically? I feel like I am missing out on so much right now!" they said handing me my phone back.

"Well she got this message about Joe and Demi, which you can't say anything Maverick."  I said as I watch my best friend nodded his head.

"So she got a picture of those two making out, so I went to comfort her and one thing lead to another and we kissed. Well it was more like making out, and then she felt so horrible about it. So I basically made it where it wasn't a big deal, which you know the deal with it being my first kiss and everything." I said as I look down at my hands

"So you took the hit for her, Lupe it was your first kiss and now you are gonna just have that memory of it." Mav says looking over at me

"I know I know but I couldn't let her leave it like that, you know how I am Mav... when I care I care and I'll just write more songs." I stated as I picked up my bag heading towards my room.

Taylor Pov

November 2008

Lupe and I had been texting each other for the last few months, she had been seriously helpful over what had just happen.

Joe in a 20 something call broke up with me, I know I get it I gave him the second chance and it still ended up like this.

I am supposed to be in New York in the next few weeks, which I am completely excited by, I mean that's where she is.