Chapter 2: Those Blue Eyes

August 2008

Taylor Pov

I had finally was going to have a few days off, it had been a completely a rush to get from here to there. I ended up getting to spend a few says in New York, I had been emailing one of the singers from Midnight Fire about a song that they had bits worked out.

I had heard about the band from so many different people, that apparently one of the singers wore an actual Mascot Head while performing.

But that they couldn't believe the voice that would come out of them. The only thing was that apparently they didn't say much after the performances. 

So here I was with a hoodie from my current boyfriend Joe, he was on The Burning up tour with his brothers along with Demi.

Right at the beginning it had been somewhat of a PR kind of thing, but I was starting to genuinely starting to have feelings for him.

I had talked a few of my band members to come along with me, I wanted to keep incognito as much as possible.

The three of us didn't say much as we entered the place, but to say the least it was definitely full in here. So many college girls in here trying to find the perfect spot close to the front.

Before I knew it the band was making their way on to the stage. "Well this should be good" Paul whispered over to Liz as she nodded her head.

"They really do wear the mascot head." I muttered out as I looked over at the two, who simply just nodded their head.

We wait as we watch the one with the Mascot head seemed to scan the room... it felt as if our eyes caught one anothers. I know I couldn't actually see their eyes but I just couldn't look away there was just something I couldn't quite place.

They started speaking as soon as the blonde curly haired bassist caught their attention. "Ok what was that?" Paul said as he leaned in whispering to me, I complete was caught off guard and just simply shook my head.

"Hey y'all we want to thank y'all for coming out and watching us...this is Maverick." They said pointing to the curly haired blonde. "Back on the drums is Theo and here next to me is Colby.... And I am White Tiger, And we are Midnight Fire."

Their voice didn't feel like no other, it just seemed to bring me deeper into wanting to know.

"Let's start with something that we've always loved, Something from Simple Plan?" They said as White Tiger started that familiar guitar part from addicted.

I heard you're doing okay
But I want you to know
I'm a dick, I'm addicted to you
I can't pretend I don't care
When you don't think about me
Do you think I deserve this?
I tried to make you happy
But you left anyway

I'm trying to forget that
I'm addicted to you
But I want it and I need it
I'm addicted to you
Now it's over, can't forget what you said
And I never, want to do this again
Heartbreaker, heartbreaker, heartbreaker

As soon as the song ended I knew I just wanted to hear even more music from them. There was such a presence from the way they controlled the small stage, I could tell everyone was feeling it as much as I was.

I couldn't help but watch the way their jeans hung on to their hips, their white shirt slightly tucked into the front of their jeans. While they complimented the outfit with checkered black and white vans with a studded belt.

"So this next one has always been one of our favorites this is Ocean Avenue." White Tiger said as they went to strum the guitar once again... the drums starting soon after. Then their voice joined along with Mavericks... it was so enticing that I couldn't take my eyes off of them.