Chapter 13: The Bowery

Taylors Pov

Everyone seemed to think it was hilarious Lupe coming up infront of me, I mean apart from my dad.

My band had almost been edging her to do it every time and when she wasn't there the crowd was definitely upset. I mean I was too I had gotten used to her always being around, I knew the bands stardom was taking off, yet I just couldn't help it.

"You do realize that you should just tell her." Paul said as he walked in looking at me.

"I don't know what you are talking about." I said quickly looking down at my hands.

"Sure you don't. The three of you are going to let these opportunities slip from your hands. You know I can see the way that you look at her." He said with a shrug of his shoulders. "Take the chance before it's too late, besides I know you are going to be her plus one to the wedding."

Lupe and Maverick had been invited to a friends wedding it is supposed to take place at the Bowery house.

"My dad doesn't exactly know that's where I am going to be going on our break. He doesn't exactly approve of Lupe, only sees what the headlines are saying lately." I say as I look over to Paul.

"Do what's best for you sweetheart." He says patting my shoulder as he leaves the room.

————

"Hey Taylor do you think I can talk to you?" My dad asked as I looked up from my phone. Lupe had been sending me some pictures of her and her family.

"Yeah what's up dad?" I asked as I set my phone down in the table.

"So do you remember when you filmed Valentine's Day? So they had an offer of maybe you and Taylor being seen together, I mean not necessarily saying you were together, but not denying it either." He said as I looked over at me and I not exactly believing if he was actually serious or not.

"Wait are you being serious dad?" I questioned loudly as he moved his finger telling me to quiet down, before motioning towards the door that suddenly opened.

"There you two are? What's going on? Wait Scott you aren't really trying to make that whole thing happen with him are you?" My mom questioned as she quickly shut the door. 

"We are just talking about it Andrea, it's not like it's that big of a deal." He answered her as he turned to look at me.

"I don't know dad, I mean how long is this going to be for? I know it's not really dating just promoting right? I mean I can still tell Jo right?" I asked my questions coming out quick and rambling.

"Not on this one, we have to make it as believable as possible Taylor." He said as I let out a sigh. "He is a good guy Taylor who knows something may come out of it."

"Can I think about it and then give you an answer after tonight?" I ask as he nods his head before leaving the room.

As soon as he shuts the door I see my mom turning her head towards me before finally saying, "you know you don't have to do this sweetheart."

"I know but dad does know what is best right?" I answer as I look over at her before looking down at my phone, Lupe had sent a few more photos.

"I know sweetheart, but what you decide to do with your life matters as well. I am guessing that would be Lupe huh?" She asked as I quickly showed her the latest pictures a smile coming across her face, "So she is letting you choose the outfits for next week?"