Chapter 2

Luna and Hiccup stare at each other silently like mice. But the silence is broken by Toothless' "What's up?" to Stormfly, who croaks something in response. Luna smiles and nudges Hiccup before spreading her wings: danger on the feather, calm, sign.

Her muzzle leans up towards the sky, and she draws in long gulps of air through her nostrils. Fire lies on the air thinly but just as well there. "Come," she says quietly to her friends and takes up her friends just behind her.

They fly towards the smoke, and in the same swoop, they come upon a burnt forest smoking with soot and fire flaring up towards the flying dragons. Luna can feel their call but hisses, "Stay together, Luna. Don't fall for their call."

"Luna, are you alright?" says Toothless as he looks up at the giant dragon, who nods silently. She flies on with silent wing beats and pricked ears.

After a while, they come upon a frightening find: a large, piercing ice structure with large, protruding, spiky icicles. Luna gasps, and so do the two men on the backs of Stomrfly and Toothless. "WHAT---?" Stormfly doesn't get very far before Luna flicks her tail: "Shut up and follow me." they fly on, this time with their eyes down and their wings beating even more calmly.

Suddenly Luna sees or instead smells a strange top of a gigantic dragon. one almost as big as her own, if not equal. But this footprint is heavier and much more heavily impaired. Luna would never have attacked with rich sounds. It would have ruined everything.

Her veins pulse with purple, and she flies anxiously onward before Stormfly sees something and calls out, "Watch out!" Luna backs up with a fearsome roar, but it is too late. The web wraps around her gagging her into its grip, and doesn't let go.

Toothless roars after her in the tone of a crowd. Luna roars back and flaps her wings since some of the nets fell off when she landed. She screams again, her tail lashes wildly and hits many men before a larger, more vigorous, more agile man comes and knocks her to the ground tying her mouth shut and shouting, "Careful, this one is new! Don't hurt her too much!" he leans his entire weight on Luna's head who growls. Still, an instinct so strange she doesn't recognize it takes over her. She falls to her death under the man's heavy yet light body.

But Toothless doesn't feel the same and darts over them at high-speed, Stormfly in his heels with a windy scream. Luna whimpers softly but bites her tongue. "ha, is that what I think it is?" the man says, and luna suddenly grits her teeth, making many of the trappers shy away.

The man named Eret laughs, and his smile disappears as he looks down at the beast he captured. Only her head is bigger than his body, and her eyes burn with blue fire.

"oh my goodness," he hiccups and begins relieving himself as Toothless, his rider, and his friends get down.

"let her go," Hiccup says sternly, his burnt sword flames. Luna stares in disbelief but shakes herself free and heaves threateningly.

"Are you okay?" stormfly asks as she tries to approach, but luna snaps. "No! Stay back!" stormfly sounds and falls back. "can you believe it?" he says, pointing at Toothless "A real Night Fury. Drago doesn't have one of those in his honor does he?" his men laugh and snarl.

Luna does the same but quietly as she lies down in submission. If she pops up now, they will take Toothless, Stormfly, and Hiccup Astrid. She should be caught and taken than them.

"Who are you?" says Hiccup, and Erret laughs. "oh, how rude of me. I am the son of Erret, the finest dragon hunter in the seven seas. After all, not everyone can catch a Night Fury or whatever that thing is" He gestures toward Luna, and she squints her eyes.

"we mean no harm. Just give us our dragon and let's go," says Hiccup, but these guys are not like the others. These trappers will not be fooled. "Oh yeah, you should have thought of that last night. Your friend came and stole all our dragons and blew our fortress to pieces! I don't think the likes of you can mean any good to the likes of us. Now you don't get that dragon or your Night Fury. They are ours, and Drago will have them. Now will we catch these two guys or let them go?"

His men laugh and say, "Catch them" Hiccup sighs and nods to Toothless, who bounces back, and all of a sudden, he shoots a plasma ball at a leaning icicle that falls from the rest of the dene's peace falls and cracks.

Everyone scatters, and life and commotion erupt. At the same time, Luna breaks free, and with a flood of fire, she shoots at the ice, causing it to fall again, and then takes her seat.

I shouldn't have done that, she thinks guiltily and flies the rest of the way home with her head down.

-'๑'- 

Luna lands heavily when they get home, but the Vikings are unsure who this is. But Stoick seems to remember. "is that...?" he trails off, and Hiccup nods. "It's her, the queen of dragons. She has come back. But were we need to talk."

The two walk into the forge. As Luna lies down, her wings curl around her, meaning all the dragons bow in respect. "how are you?" a young Fang asks, but luna doesn't answer. She turns away with a grunt of fatigue and guilt.

"leave her alone. She almost killed someone. It will take time," Toothless says, pushing the young male dragon away as he is about to sniff the queen. The young fang snarls but flies away. The rest of the dragons do the same after respecting their queen.

Toothless turns to Luna, and his expression softens. "hey, shall I find you some fish? We have plenty here," he says before he can nudge her, Stormfly comes over and pushes him away, "You said it yourself: leave her alone. She needs time. Let's go find the others," she says.

Toothless reluctantly follows after his best and oldest friend. She's right. He has no choice but to leave her alone.

| 𝟐 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 |

Luna wakes up from the commotion and calls out when a dragon shouts, "Come on, everyone inside!" Luna raises an eyebrow and gets up rather quickly. "what's going on?" she says. The dragon, a Gronckle, shrugs. "something about a Blood Bank or something. " Luna frowns but follows Gronckle and soon finds herself inside a large stable where Toothless, Stormfly, Hiccup, and Astrid are.

Oh no, it rushes through her mind. She turns to the only option: contact Hiccup telepathically. Hiccup, what's going on? Why is everyone so excited?

But he doesn't answer. Luna sighs and sits down, ready to fly at a moment's notice.

With a fierce roar, she calls all the dragons into the stables.

The men there howl in pain but soon remove the hand from their ears. Luna cringes. But before she knows it, Toothless flies out of the stables, and she instinctively follows.

I hope they know what they're doing, she thinks, winging her way faster after her Night Fury friend.