Chapter 15

It was chaos when she returned to Berk; her eyes grew wide as she saw how many dragons were fighting each other. But this time, it wasn't her dragons.

They were dragons of a kind she had never seen before. Their wings were large, but they had fins on their tails like Furies. But this was not a Fury species. With a fierce roar that shook the island, the dragons stopped and watched Luna descend and land on a building that barely held her weight.

"what's going on here?" she snapped her eyes and raged with a fire that no one had seen before. A young Monstrous Nightmare rose and didn't even bow his head before spitting: "They attacked us! We were running around when those weird dragons came out of nowhere and started attacking us. We fought back like that" Luna sighed and pinched the bridge of her muzzle with her fore claws.

"what you did was very brave, kid, but it was foolish. Did you try to find their leader and ask why they attacked us?" she said. The monster nightmare snorted with its tail. "they have no leader!" he roared. The other dragons around him roared in agreement. Toothless then shouted, "They do! You're just fools not to see him" All eyes turned to Night Fury, who had attached a large dragon with strange patterns along its wings.

"This is your leader," Toothless said more calmly now that he had their attention. Luna slid down from her perch and landed in front of the dragon, who opened his eyes when he saw her size. She landed down. "Why did you attack us?" she said in a calm tone of voice. The dragon trembled and growled and tried to push Toothless off her.

"you... you've been living out here too long!" he finally got out, and Luna was astonished. "What?" she said, shaking her head. "you don't treat this area with the respect you should!" hissed the attacking dragon. "you let scavengers walk among you like pets. They should be dead."

Luna looked at the Vikings around her, staring at the growling dragon, not that they understood. Then, finally, hiccup came forward with big green eyes.

"Who is this?" he asked, looking at Luna and then back at the dragon, who narrowed his eyes. "This is the leader of the attacking dragons, Hiccup. I don't know his name," Luna growled, turning back to the dragon under Toothless' claws. "Who are you?" she asked.

When the dragon didn't answer, Toothless snapped his teeth near his ear and roared, "The queen asked you a question; answer!" the dragon shook before giving up and said between clenched teeth, "Windwhipper."

-'๑'-

with a snort and a flick of her tail, Luna had some guards grab Windwhipper and straighten him up. "What are you doing here, Windwhipper, and why do you think we keep the Vikings as pets?" she said in a low voice.

Windwhipper bared his teeth and tried to get out of the guards' grip, but the Montur's Nightmares were intense and clumsy; there was no way Windwhipper could get out of their clutches. "because you treat them like that. Food is not to be toyed with; you have to kill them before they kill you," he said. Luna glanced at Toothless Green, meeting glowing purple. She looked back at Windwhipper, her tail snapping in the air, and soon, all the dragons scattered, leaving her and her attacker alone with only Toothless, Cloudjumper, and the guards to keep them company.

"So..." Luna snorted with a tone that held disbelief. She couldn't believe the dragon spat this crap. To keep Vikings as pets, and they killed them? There wasn't a day where Luna doubted the loyalty of her human friends. But there was one thing she did, however: thinking that this dragon had gotten a real shock in the head. "put him in the dungeon. Perhaps some time alone will clear his mind," she said. The guards hummed and dragged him after them.

The dragons that Windwhipper had been leading had fled as soon as Luna had arrived, and she noticed that now. So she turned to Cloudjumper, "Send a patrol to search the sea and the islands around here. if you find any other dragons like Windwhipper, bring them here." Cloudjumper nodded, spread his four wings, and called out to some dragons he used to patrol with.

Luna took a deep sigh, turned her back, and walked out of her cave to get some time to think. Toothless followed her. "do you want to talk about it?" he asked after they had gotten underground. Luna looked at him. "There are things I don't understand" Toothless nodded, smiling.

"Why would wind whips say the Vikings would kill us when they haven't killed a dragon in 20 years? It just wouldn't make sense," Luna raged. Toothless wagged her tail and stroked it. "maybe where he comes from, the Vikings aren't as kind as here and haven't tried to make peace with the dragons. That might be a reason," he said.

Luna hummed, stopped in front of her cave, and turned to look at Toothless; a smile crossed her face. "Thank you, Toothless. Really. Maybe together we can get to the bottom of this" Toothless grinned back, leaned forward, stroked her muzzle with his, and then walked off, leaving Luna in a mumbling, blushing mess.

So hey! There's not much to say; I hope you like this book, as it's ending very soon. Also, stay because there will be a 3rd hook as soon as I can make it.

hope you all will like it,