two

______________________

Mona scowled at the picture before her.

She had woken up not too long ago and decided to check her phone. To which she was greeted with an alert of @theraidenkunikuzushi's Instagram post mentioning her. When she clicked on it, she saw it was a selfie of the ginger that Lumine liked along with Scaramouche in the background eating from a bowl of ramen. Mona couldn't care less about the photo really, but the caption under the photo was what irked her.

got the highest score in the grade. @monamegistus how's the loss treating you?

Did the brat really have to rub it in? She was already upset as is over losing to five points, even going as far to sulk in her bathroom for a good hour. But leave it to Scaramouche to try to make her miserable with every chance he could get. She hated how he had the audacity to publicly shame her in such a way. A sadistic asshole, he was.

Mona felt her stomach growl in hunger, but she ignored it, instead looking over at the comments.

Yet they just happened to make her even more miserable. Scaramouche was well known and had amassed tons of followers, primarily through his identity as the heir of Raiden Ei. So it was nothing new for his comment section to be flooded. It was a variety of messages spanning from compliments on his appearance to multiple congratulations for his intellect. Mona could only roll her eyes. She considered leaving him an insulting comment behind but decided against it. Mona didn't want him to think she was hung over the situation. She didn't even want him to think she cared enough to check his post. Yes, that was right, she was so much better than that. (Ignoring the fact that she was already currently doing both those things)

It was 11:14 AM, and although it was Saturday morning and she had slept in a lot longer than usual, she still felt exhausted from the tedious week she had. It was as if all the teachers had unanimously agreed to dump every assignment possible to be due in the span of a few days at a time. Her notes alone had taken her over four hours to rewrite from the incomprehensible mess they were. With a soft sigh and another grumble from her stomach, she sat upright on the bed and ran a hand through her tangled hair. Mona took note to brush through it when she had the time. But for now, she bunched it up and tied it into a messy bun. It wasn't the most elegant hairstyle, but she could care less about it at that moment.