six

Mona had arrived earlier to help Lumine out with the preparations for the party she and Childe were hosting

Mona had arrived earlier to help Lumine out with the preparations for the party she and Childe were hosting. Well, as early as she could. The very moment this week's astrology club meeting ended, Mona scampered out of the room and headed straight for Lumine's house.

The party would be huge, after all. And Lumine needed all the help she possibly could get. She had even asked all their friends if they were able to aid with the decorations and food. The blonde was well-known for holding the best occasions, having her named the school's social butterfly that everyone knew some way or another.

Lumine was already dressed once Mona finished checking if there were enough cups. She looked beautiful in her wine-red dress that had reached her mid-thighs with long press-on nails that matched her heels.

"You look so pretty," Mona said in admiration. She noticed the mock fangs hanging from Lumine's bottom lip. "A vampire, I'm guessing?"

"You're right." Lumine nodded as she smoothened out the silky cloth laid over the table. "What do you plan on dressing as?"

"You'll see for yourself later," Mona said, winking a little. She'd packed her costume in her school bag beforehand with the plan of changing in Lumine's bathroom. "What time will the guests be arriving?"

"According to Childe, he'd sent messages to all the guests to be here by 7 PM. It was the most flexible time as many have extracurricular activities." Lumine explained, and as if on cue, the door rang. Lumine checked her watch exasperatedly. "Is it 7 already?"

"Time just seems to fly," Mona offered a shrug as she watched Lumine get to the door.

_________________________

Mona hadn't expected there to be so many people when she came out of the restroom. She had been getting ready and it only took her a quick thirty minutes to wear her clothes and swipe some makeup on. But she did not anticipate how crowded the house could get in such a short period.

Her eyes flickered through the different groups of people huddled up as they made conversation. There were people dressed up as hillichurls, mages, and such. Almost everyone had dressed up. All except one.