Chapter 4: Fear and Mystery

A while after the attack ended, Pina placed Norma's body in a coffin ready to bury it, they stood there for a while paying respect for their fallen comrade.

While they were glad the battle ending on their favor, they also knew it came at a cost.

Gray: Well... it's done...

Pina: At the very least, we ca say the bandits are gone.

Hamilton:  Yes... it's a victory.

Pina: No it's not... it's Rory, the apostle of Emeroy and the foraign soldiers who won victory... not us... and the others... they're still the ones occupying Alnus Hill... they're still our enemy...!

Hamilton: ...

Pina: All I wanted to do is save Italica... but I fear I may have brought a fear even worse than defeat... their flying weapons of steel and dark soccery obliterated a hoard of hardened bandits in seconds...

She then pictures herself, a prisoner of war of the JSDF.

Pina: And if they were to turn against Italica... even I'd be... Princess myui would forced to give up her position and be taken as their prison... and this place, a vital cross road would be at the hands of our enemy, and our citizens would taken as their slaves...

Hamilton: But no! They would never_

Pina: Are you really sure of that!? You think they would save Italica just to give it back!?

She starts walking away from the two.

Pina: I don't have the power to refuse if that's what they demand... I have to thriw myself at their mercy... and lower myself to kiss their feet...

Gray: What about that group of four men who appeared during the battle?

Hamilton: I thought they were part of the foraign soldiers...

Gray: No they're not... they told me that no such group where their kind of attire came arrived with them here... still they were the same kind of green uniform underneath their cloaks...

Remembering the part where Null managed to deflect each arrow with ease, not getting hit once, she felt the fear in her build up more.

Pina: And there's the mysterious four men... I don't know much, but I fear there might be more of them out there... somewhere... That one's ability to flick an arrow away with ease...

Gray: Let's not worry about for now, they've done a thorough of the whole city, nothing...

He thought he recognized their attire, but decided to set the thought aside for now.

Meanwhile, JSDF is still patrolling for any signs of the four men, any traces.

That was until a man came up to them claiming to have seen them enter his inn last night, after bringing Itami's team to the location, the man shows them the room he gave them.

As they entered the room, they found something out of place.

Itami picked up a metal can, with small pieces of food and sauce and left inside.

Itami: Well... this seems too modern to be here...

Akira: This too.

He picks the bottle of vodka, which still had some of the drink still inside.

Akira: Vodka bottle, they haven't finished drinking it though...

Kuribayashi: They left their glasses here too.

She also finds another can, to which she removes one of her gloves and puts her finger, and licks the sauce.

Kuribayashi: Hmm... not bad, it's a bit spicy though...