Chapter 9: Points have an end

As Caitlin tried to gently take the needles out of me, I kept flinching making it harder for her. "Would you stay still!" She said. "I'm sorry it's not like this is pain free." I pointed out. "What's new with the needle striker?" I added. Cisco smiled widely and replied, "So the names catching on I see! But anyways he is still passed out, and we still have him. I guess when he let the needles out, it took the Energy from him."
I nodded my head because if said anything it would have probably not came out right because Caitlin was still pulling the needles out. "How many more to go?" I asked her curiously. I heard her sigh, which didn't mean I would like her response. I've gotten maybe a fourth out." she sighed some more. "Great- ow!" I yelled. "Ooh sorry, that was a little deeper then the others." I looked over at Cisco who seemed to be laughing. "Oh would you rather be in my situation?" I asked. The smile was no longer in his face, and his laugh turned into a fake cough.
CARLS POV
"Pss. Carl wake up!" I heard someone say. I opened my eyes and saw Bernice. "We'll be killed if they find you in here!" I said. "I know I know, but I have an idea- or a plan. Sense For portions of the day, you'll be with Stew, Brad, or I, we can go to the barn when your with me, and we can get away." she suggested. "How do we leave?" I asked. "Do you know how to ride a horse?" She smiled. I nodded my head. My dad had taught me a while ago. "Won't they hear us?" I asked. "Not if we don't talk to the horses, we'll just ride giving commands with our legs. Now we need a plan name. Operation-?" She asked. "Operation Bernice." I said. She had a big smile on her face now. "Perfect! B: Brains E: elaboration R: Rules N: navigation I: intelligence C: concentration E: escape." I nodded in agreement And then told her to go before we were caught.
At the dining table, we just had finished eating breakfast, when Brad asked, "Father, who gets the boy first?" I looked over at Bernice who secretly nodded her head at me. Stew let out a huge sigh and said, I guess sense you asked, You'll get the boy first, then I will, then it's Bernie's turn." Well that's good, so Bernice and I can escape when they least expect it. I just got to get through one more day, and I'll be free.
After the table was cleared, I was told to follow Brad out to the field. "What are we doing out here?" I asked curiously. He took a can of blue spray paint from the bag he brought, and sprayed a 6 foot even square area. He then took out a pair of scissors, and handed them to me. "What are these for?" I asked as he laid down in the grass. "Your gonna cut the grass. Start with the area inside the square." he smirked. I glanced down at the scissors, then at Brad. "Your Joking, right?" I asked as he stood up. "Do I look like I'm joking? Get cutting, I'll be back in a couple hours, it takes longer then it looks." he then trotted away.
I knelt down and began to snip at the grass. Kids normal say, "This is not fair" when they can't go to a friends house, or can't buy something they want, and it's a word that gets thrown around everyday, but people don't know the true meaning of the word, or I didn't until now. Fair. My life's not fair. None of it has been. Its like I was a victim of the world, like I was a number in the Powerball that was chosen, but I got no reward. It more feels like I lost it, and everyone else won.
I then stabbed the scissors into the ground, which felt good, so I did it again, and again, over and over again, and I started to scream this time. "It's not fair! Nothing's fair to me! My life's just a giant peace of crap that everybody just steps on, and then wipes me off on the ground, or stepping on me over and over!" I yelled for a long time, just different things that were not fair, like stuff about my family, friends. Apparently I had a lot of anger in me, because I stood up, and placed the scissors in my pocket. I wiped the sweat off my forehead and looked at the ground. The grass indeed was cut, but in place of grass was a bunch of tiny holes, which filled the square. I turned to face the house, and started walking towards it. I got inside to see Brad and Stew sitting at the dinning table, which was set all fancy looking, table cloth and everything. Brad pushed passed me to get outside, and Stew signaled me over to sit down. I took a seat, and stared across at him. "So Spencer, we are going to practice something. I told you about we sometimes have guest right?" I nodded my head. "Okay good. So we are going to practice proper behavior. Your going to act like you belong, and always have. Now you answer all questions, even if you have to lie, and if you do, it has to be good." This guy really is a nut job.
"For good behavior, you'll be rewarded, like having extra food, or staying up later, or other privileges. Do you understand?" He asked with a grunt. "Yes sir." I sighed. Then the door Burst open. Brad was panting, and yelled, "Spencer, your dead meat!" I then backed out of my chair, and went away from him. "Woah woah, what happened?" Stew asked Brad. "He destroyed a part of the field!" he claimed. "Good, I was about to talk about bad behavior punishments, and now I can demonstrate. So goodbye Brad." Stew told him. "Have fun." Brad smirked as he slammed the door.
Stew then came over and grabbed me. "What are you doing?" I asked as he pulled my arms behind my back and pushed me towards upstairs. He didn't answer, and as he pushed me up the stairs, I had a feeling something bad was about to happen. "Let me go!" I screamed and tried to stop moving, but Stew just dragged me along. We went into his bedroom, and into what I thought was a closet, but really it was s giant cement room, with a glass table and a wooden table with stuff all over it.
The glass table had straps on it, and as he pulled me towards it, I knew what they were for.
There was arm straps, leg straps, and a head strap, and i was being strapped into them. "No!" I screamed but it didn't help.
After he tightened the last strap, he walked over to the wooden table.
"With every action there's s reward and a punishment." he said picking up little drill like the ones dentists use. He walked over to me, and I begged, "Please you don't have to do this!" "Oh, but I do." he sighed.
After a minute, he reached the drill inside my mouth, and as soon as I heard the buzzing noise, I knew I was in trouble. I screamed out in pain has he drill through my teeth. As my mouth filled with blood, I began to choke on it. Stew came over and unstrapped me from the table, and I rolled off it landing on my knees, and began to spit out blood.
I looked up to see where Stew was at, but I saw him holding a belt in his hand. I tried to speak, but it came out all messy, like I had never spoke before. I then felt the burning sensation on my body as he struck the belt down on me.
Finally Stew threw the belt down on the ground, and stomped out of the room. I lied on the ground in pain, and saw it. A small hand pistol sitting on the table. I crawled over to it slowly, and reached my hand for it. I couldn't quit reach it, so I shook the table until it fell on the ground next to me. I loaded it, and pointed it at my head. Maybe it would be easier to just take the easy way out. But I pointed the gun in the doorway when I heard noise. It was just Bernice coming in, and so dropped the gun. She ran over to me and asked, "I'm so sorry. Maybe we should leave another night." I nodded my head no, because she put a finger in my mouth when I tried to speak.
She must have realized if we stayed any longer it would have just gotten worse, because she helped me stand, and asked, "How's your horse riding skills?"
We snuck out the back door and ran to the barn. She saddled up one of the horses, and opened the gate and lead it out. "This is Butterscotch." she said grabbing a step stool. She climbed up onto the huge animal, and once she was in place, she held out her hand for me. I climbed up the stoop and onto the horse, and groaned in pain as I got into place. "You good?" She asked turning back to me. I nodded my head, and she grabbed my arms and placed them around her hips. "You might want to hold on!" She said and then flicked her wrists and yelled, "Giddy up!"
She seem to motion her hands differently to control the pace of the horse. I payed attention closely.
"WHAT THE DAMN HELL?" we heard someone yell. I looked back to see Stew and Brad running towards the barn.
Oh crap, we gotta move, I thought quickly.
As we galloped down the field towards the forest, I watched as everything was being left behind. It needs to stay behind, meaning Stew and Brad. They needed to be stopped.
We traveled through the woods until it was pitch black out. The horse pulled to a stop near a giant oak tree, as Bernice suggested, "Lets stop and sleep, we need rest." I jumped down off the horse, and then helped Bernice down. We both leaned up against the tree, but only Bernice slept. If I closed my eyes, the only thing I saw was Stew.