chapter 5

As Elenora stood in the middle of the quarter, looking around in shock not knowing why she decided to come here of all places. This is where her Rosie was, the place she took her last breath. She had sometimes come here when she was 15 to meet up her lifelong best friend as she had moved because of the fact her cousin died in a bus crash.

It was only when she walked closer to a hocus pocus shop that she noticed a man. His dark skin shined in the moonlight, his eyes filled with a tragic story. He looked over at her in shock, almost like he already knew her.

Marcel remembered the girl that took him in, she was a witch but a different kind. Her name was Pearl; Pearl Salvatore. And strangely enough, this girl looked oddly just like her.

"Hi, can I have some Vervain please. I like the smell. Might start putting it in my tea." She joked, smiling.

No, this wasn't Pearl. She faked her death to her brothers, and she turned into a vampire. There was no way this was Pearl.Not to mention, she actually died, while saving him and he wished she hadn't.

So,Marcel walks up to her.

"Hi, I'm Marcellus. What brings you here, and what's your name?" He asks, smirking.

For some reason, she feels intimidated. When she looks in his eyes, they're tough and threatening so she gathers he must have trust issues otherwise his body language would much more relaxed. She looks down shyly, not wishing to mention why she is actually here.

"Funeral." She says, emotionally. She didn't know him she wasn't going to cry, but nobody could deny the little whimper that was heard.

Marcel looks at her in despair. This must be Rosie's best friend, he thinks looking at her in regret.

"You must've been Rosie's friend." He says, which makes her head whip up. "She mentioned you, said you were like a sister."

"Yes, well the feeling was mutual.How did you know Rosie?" Elenora asks, digging for information as nobody knew who killed her yet. Marcel looked at her and  pursed his lips.

"She worked in Rousseau's with a girl I liked, she was doing a shift everyday after school." He pointed just down the street, and Elenora looked and had just been able to see the rustic, old sign.

New Orleans had never looked so gloomy based on the streets she had seen on Google. But I guess it looked different when someone you love died there.

"Yeah she had mentioned that." Elenora said to him bluntly, and then looked him up and down. "She had never mentioned you though."

Marcel looked at this young girl, who looked a little bit like the woman he thought of as his mother, and realised they were not near the same person.

"So what is your name, then?" Marcel asked, smirking smugly. It was as if her presence brought him comfort.

"Elenora Rodriguez. I came from mystic falls, and well I just moved there from Bulgaria." He looked at her in shock, almost as if he'd seen a ghost.

A girl the Mikaelson's knew was buried in Bulgaria, and almost everytime, the reincarnation of Pearl would either be born or they died in Bulgaria. This intrigued Marcellus, wondering if she had actually been alive this entire time, she just couldn't remember.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elenora walks into the bar her friend used to work in, the vibe was dreary and miserable.There wasn't many people in the dark bar, which looked more like a vampire lair, but obviously there wasn't such thing as vampires.

It was now an hour until the funeral, and all Elenora could think about was the last words she said to her. But of course she couldn't remember.

A singular tear fell down her cheek. She thought in her head 'whoever did this will pay'.

A young blonde struts behind the bar, looking at her as if she's familiar. And then she remembers who it is, it's Rosie's friend.

"Hey, you're Elenora, right?" The blonde-haired girl asks her. Elenora looks at her as if who wants to know. "I'm Camille, but you can call me Cami." She proceeds to give her a sympathetic smile.

"Do you have any idea on what happened to Rosie, how did she end up dead?" Elenora asks, her voice filled with hope to get a slight bit of closure.

"She wasn't in New Orleans when she died, Ella." Cami proceeds to tell her and Elenora asks her where she was going then. Cami gives her a sympathetic smile. "She was coming to see you. Car accident."

Elenora looked down, in confusion and disbelief. "B-but she didn't know where I was." Cami frowns, all of a sudden nothing was making sense. "We had just randomly left Bulgaria out of nowhere and when we left, I didn't say anything to her because I knew- I thought- she was still gonna be here."

"Well, why was the news around here saying she was going to Mystic Falls, unless the cops are covering something."Cami says, looking down. "It's not the first time they have."

Elenora quickly noticed the sad look on Cami's face.