Chapter 21

Simone POV

I woke up groaning as I tried to get up, but couldn't because of Imani's hold on me. I didn't even wanna go to class today, there was too much on my mind.

Maybe I should just take a mental health day to be honest.

I managed to get up and go to the bathroom without waking Imani as I examined myself in the mirror. My eyes were puffy, cheeks were tear stained, neck was bruising, my face had a smack mark forming, I just looked a fucking mess.

Deciding I would just the day to myself, I got in the shower. I guess I'll take my lace down I thought as I began scrubbing my body down. I've had it in for about a month and a half so it still looked good, but I wasn't feeling the color. It was black with blonde curled ends.

I got out the shower and put on a sports bra and some biker shorts for now as I heard Imani start to wake up.

" Morning ma, you not going to class ? " She asked as she looked at the time on her phone.

" No, I'm gonna take a mental health day, " I said as I began to take my hair down.

" Fine by me, " She smiled as she got up to hug me and planted a kiss on my forehead. She went into the bathroom as I got my wig off seeing my cornrows still looked pretty good not gonna lie.

Mmm I'll take these down but I'm not washing my hair just yet... too much work ion feel like doing.

" How you was wearin a blonde wig but got red hair ? " Imani chuckled emerging from the bathroom.

" Girl only the end of my hair is red shut up, and that's the point of wigs ... to try something new, " I rolled my eyes as she laughed.

" Did you like it ? " She asked as she watched me continue to unbraid my hair.

" Not really if I'm being honest, I think my new style will just be some knotless, " I shrugged as she nodded.

" You still look beautiful either way baby, " She smiled as I felt myself blushing.

" Thank you boo, "

" You're welcome ma, I gotta meet with my team and my Coach in 15 minutes tho so I'm gon head out, not sure how long it's gonna be, " She said as I nodded. She told me the other day that she's here to play D1 basketball and I swear I almost told her I loved her.

She gave me one last kiss on my forehead as she left the dorm, " If anything happens, call me baby. "

" I will, " I assured as I was on my last braid and she nodded, closing the door.

I rubbed some product through my hair as I put on a scarf and decided I would go to the hair store. I did my own braids, but wigs hell naw fuck I look like ?

I was gonna give my hair a break for about a week, but since I had nothing to do, I might as well go now.

I put on a shirt, grabbed my phone, and headed out. The hair store was about a block from campus which was convenient.

I made it there and walked in to no one being there, probably because it was still early or people were in class. I grabbed two packs of hair and headed for the register.

" Hello how are you doing ? " I asked the cashier, she was fine I'm not gon lie. She was dark skin with pink locs and a nose ring on each side with glasses.

" Pretty good ma, you ? " She asked, biting her lip.

" I'm ight, " I replied, as she rang me up.

" You sure... has someone been hurting you ? " She asked, concerned as I froze, forgetting how much of a mess I looked.

" No, well yes... but I'm fine I promise it's been taken care of, " I reassured trying to put my words together.

" Alright ma I believe you... can I get yo number tho ? "

" Oh I'm... " I paused trying to figure out what to say since Imani and I weren't even still "talking" yet.

" Straight ? " She asked, embarrassed.

" Hell nah, I just... have my eye on someone, "

" Well... in case you decide to change yo mind, I'mma write my number here on this pack, " She smirked. "and it's on the house for a pretty girl like you. "

" Thank you, " I said, taken off guard as she nodded.

" Have a good day ma, " She said as I told her to do the same while exiting the store.

I got back to the dorm as I texted Sasha seeing if she wanted to come over and she said bet. I was excited since it feels like I haven't seen her in forever since she wanna be wit her man 24/7.

" Wassup hoeeee ! " Sasha said, walking inside without even knocking.

" What if I was naked... or touching myself, " I asked, side eyeing her.

" Then I would've fucked the shit out of you, " She said seriously as she sat on my bed with me. " anyways... I got a lot to tell you, "

" I do too girl, but you first, " I replied.

She told me everything that's been going on with her man, Amir as I was so shocked. She told me they been fucking a lot and he said he dropped everyone for her. She sounds really happy, so I hope he's not using her.

I started telling her everything that happened from last night up until just now at the hair store.

" Girl not us both having sex our first week, and did she really write her number on the pack?" She asked.

" Yeah I saw her do it, look, " I said showing it to her.

" Jamie huh, " Sasha smirked as I looked myself not even knowing she had put her name.

" Girl she wanna get in them drawls, " Sasha laughed as I rolled my eyes.

" Shut up, I told her I was feeling someone anyways, " I defended.

" Whatever you sayyyy, " Sasha teased as I flipped her off.