AU - 02

Mon's POV

"I can't live without you, please, just take me with you. Please... Mon." the stranger cried.

But I froze.

I felt cold blood rushing through my veins.

Do i know her? Why is she calling for me?

Or someone with the same name as me? But why do i feel so attached to her? Why do i feel her pain? Why do i feel the need to wrap her in my arms and console her?

Who are you, stranger?

I held her closer. Been holding her like this for long. I checked on her, she's now asleep. I tucked some strand of hair behind her ears, dried tears marking her face, dark circles around her eyes, red face probably because of crying so much but it cant deny the fact of how beautiful she is even in this miserable state.

She's speaking another language i am very familiar with, its my first language after all. She's Thai, maybe UK is a special place for her? Or is it? She's hugging a bunny stuffed toy as if her life relies on it. It must have been very important for her.

D-did she just lost a child? I asked myself after realizing the whole situation.

The train keeps moving, few people around us gave us a worried glance, i gave them a smile and nod of assurance.

I felt you move, then you murmured something i can't comprehend, the next thing i know, tears are dropping from your eyes. You're crying even in your sleep.

I can't imagine the pain you are feeling now, but i hope by lending you my shoulder to lean and cry on, you'll never think of that you are alone. Don't be alone.

The train ride came it stop.

You might have felt it too since you started to move away from me and looked around. You're like a lost child, looking for your Mom.

"Thank you!" you just said without even looking directly at me. You just rushed out of the train and left.

I want to reach out to you. I want to follow you but the time i went out, you were not there anymore. I felt a slight pang of pain in my heart. But i shrugged it off. Who am i to feel that?

"I hope you'll find the peace and healing you are looking for. Bye stranger." i just said and went off

Someone might thought im a foreigner or tourist since i was going around but im really not that fully. Im half Thai, half British. I was born in Thailand but my Dad took me back here when i was 10. Im still close with my Mae and i always visit her and Phaw, my loving step-father, every summer break. Since i just graduated from college and was about to be employed in a month, i decided to take a breather tour around England which my Dad supported and even urged me to go.

He said i need to enjoy life before being caught in the chaotic world of adulting and employment. I kinda got scared of life after hearing him said that though.

Its getting dark now, i checked my watch its a quarter past 5. Snowdon Rail is my last stop and its kinda unforgettable now coz of that stranger. Its been hours now but i cant help but think of her.

Did she arrived to her next stop? Is she having early dinner like me? Did she stopped crying already? That's a few questions i thought while walking to the restaurant i choose to have dinner.

I went to the table near the glass walls, farthest from the other guests just like this other woman busy with a phone call. I just ignore her and took a seat, my back facing her. A waiter took my order earlier and im just here checking the pictures i took the whole day while waiting for my food. Then i heard the woman behind me talk in Thai.