AU - 08

"Sam!"

Mon, still holding Kaydie, rushed outside to follow the woman she loved. She stepped out of the house without any footwear on. Sam was already halfway to the gate.

"Khun Sam." Sam stopped walking but not doing any effort to face Mon too. "Please, lets talk." Mon plead as she walked to her.

"There's nothing to talk to Mon." Sam answered, wiping her tears away, and started walking to her car.

"There are lots of things we need to talk to. Please." Mon replied, crying too.

Sam just continued walking, Mon's desperate too.

"SAMANUN!" Mon shouted out of frustrations, surprising not just her family or her parents visitors or Sam but more on the child she is holding too. But what happened next gave her no time to prepare herself.

Sam rushed back to where she is, cupped her tear-streaked face and smashed their lips together. Mon's eyes widen in shock, but later closed when she felt the familiar sensation of Sam's skin to hers. She's here, her Sam is here.

Sam on the other hand felt like home. She's home. Mon is her home. She's holding her, kissing her and she's kissing her back. She felt like she's alive again. She doesn't want this moment to end.

Its like the time stopped for them. All that matters is them. The two of them together, holding each other. Back on each other's arms.

They ignored the gasps of their family and friends, they're not even aware that Nop, Kirk and Yuki entered the gate and was now as surprised as the others.

The couple stopped kissing. Foreheads together, eyes closed, breathing heavily while holding on to each other.

"Please don't go, don't leave me again." Mon whispered

"But, w-what about your h-husband?" Sam whispered back

Mon smiled. "If i have one, do you think he'll just look at us kissing out here? I don't think so."

"M-mon..."

Kaydie, who's surprisingly been so quiet in her Mummy's arms after all the chaos, stirred and started to fuzz. Mon adjusted the little girl in her arms and let her face Sam. The girl looked up and Sam meets a very familiar set of eyes.

"Let's talk. I'll explain to you everything." Mon said and wiped Sam's tears with her thumb. Sam just nod. She then smiled at Mon, her eyes shining with tears but now lively, and happy. She then held Mon's hand tightly, afraid to let go.

With Mon leading Sam inside the house , everyone followed. They all silently gathered in the living room. Mon still holding Sam in one hand and Kaydie in the other faced them all.

"I didn't plan to greet you a happy birthday like this Mae. I didnt plan for our next family reunion to be like this too Phaw. But yes I'm back after 3 years. Im home Mae, Phaw."

Pohn and Aom came to hug their daughter. Sam wanted to let go of Mon's hand for her to hug her parents but Mon tighten her hold so she did too.

"Im happy you are back princess." Aom said and kissed Mon's head.

"You're presence is the best birthday gift Mon. I missed you so much my baby." Pohn said cupping her daughter's face.

"And speaking of birthday gift, here's mine. Papa, Nana, meet your granddaughter, Kaydence Armstrong." Mon transfered the baby to her mother's arms. "I call her Kaydie."