AU - 06

Mon's POV

"Welcome to Thailand!"

The speaker sounded as soon as I stepped out of arrival area. With all my bags and this special cargo i am with, i exited the airport and hailed a cab to send us home.

Its been 3 years since i visited Thailand. I missed my Mae and Phaw. I hope they'll be surprised by my arrival as well as this one i'll be presenting to her as my gift.

"Tourists?" the driver asked me as he helped us with my bags.

"No, im visiting my parents. Im half Thai, my Dad is british. I was born here but I'm living in England since I was 10."

"Ow. Welcome back to Thailand."

"Thank you Uncle."

I looked out the window to see a big billboard of a family. An old woman seated on a golden seat with two younger women. One standing on the older's left, back leaning on the seat while the other on the left is  seated on the arm rest. The older woman is wearing a gold Boromphiman while the two younger women are wearing their red and gold chakraphat adorned with pieces of diamonds and gold jewelries. All three exudes the air of royalty and power. But my eyes remained to the one on the older's right.

"Khun Sam." i whispered.

"Ah them? They are the remaining Anuntrakuls. They are part of the royal family too. The older woman is Honorable Lady Orapun Anuntrakul. The current head of the family. The one standing is Khun Neung, Honorable Lady Sipakhon, the eldest grandchild, and the one on the right is Khun Sam, Honorable Lady Samanun, the heir of the family. You seems to know them, your parents might have updated you with the happenings here. Its Hon. Lady Orapun's 75th birthday in two weeks so the palace put billboards around the country to celebrate it." he patiently explained to me. I gave him a timid bow to acknowledge his effort. He then concentrated back to driving.

My eyes went back to the billboard, specifically to Khun Sam. She's still as beautiful as the last time i saw her two years ago. She's still not smiling, bit i can see her looking healthy and probably happy, its been two years anyways. When she left that day, everything changes in me, i admit that. Our memories that day she left is still fresh in my mind until now. Our breakfast in Dinner where we both apologized for our shortcomings, our short trip home where she met Singha and took that family picture with us four, including the Bunny stuffy she's always with, that anything under the sun chat on our way to the airport, and that last hug she gave me before she departed. That time she walked away from me, she walked away with my heart and  it took me some time before i realize it.

Flashback

"Mon? Sweetie you've been in there for days. Are you sure you're ok?" i heard my stepmother asked.

I've been feeling down with no energy to do anything but cry for days. It started when i went back from the airport after sending Khun Sam. That scene where she walked away and that lonely car ride triggered this. Its so sad that i felt like all i want to do is cry everytime i remember it.

"Mon, im coming in now whether you like it or not. Im worried of you." Mum said, i just let her, and cover myself with my blanket as i cry my sadness away.  "Ow sweetpea." i hear her said.

The next thing i knew, she slipped in my blanket and hugged me. She's not saying anything but she just hugged me tight. She just let me bawl and i really appreciate it a lot since i dont think i can answer any questions she'll ask me. That silence lasted i stopped crying and calmed down.