-| 09 |-

—|—^—|—
-| NINE |-
-•-•-•-

-| NAVAL BASE |-

The pilots have all been seated in their respective seats within the briefing room on base. Ghost and Maverick stand at the front alongside Rear Admiral Solomon "Warlock" Bates while Vice Admiral Beau "Cyclone" Simpson and Chief Warrant Officer 4 Bernie "Hondo" Coleman sit in the back behind all of the Naval Aviators sitting in their plushy chairs before the main screen in the front.

WARLOCK: "Good morning. The uranium enrichment plant that is your target will be operational earlier than expected. Raw uranium will be delivered to the plant in ten days' time. As a result, your mission has been moved up one week in order to avoid contaminating the target valley with radiation."

Ghost and Maverick look at one another before raising their eyebrows, Ghost then looks over at Phoenix whose already looking at him.

COYOTE: "Sir, no one here has successfully flown a low-level course."

WARLOCK: "Nevertheless, you've been ordered to move on... Captains."

The father and son both take Warlock's place at the front of the room.

MAVERICK: "We have one week left to focus on phase two. It's the most difficult stage of the mission."

GHOST: "It's a pop-up strike with a steep dive, requiring nothing less than not just one, not just two... but three consecutive miracles. Three pairs of f-18s will fly in a welded wing formation."

MAVERICK: "Teamwork. Precise coordination of these aircraft is essential to both the mission's success and your survival."

GHOST: "As we all know, the plant rests between two mountains. On the final approach, you'll invert directly into a steep dive. This allows you to maintain the lowest possible altitude and the only possible attack angle." he said mimicking the jet's maneuver with his hand as Mav turns on a visual representation of the main screen behind him.

MAVERICK: "Your first target, the trophy system. The two-seated jet will paint the system tower with a laser bull's-eye. Once destroyed, the second target is an impact point less than three meters wide. The two-seater aircrafts will once again paint the target with a laser bull's-eye."

GHOST: "The first pair will destroy the trophy system allowing them and the other two pairs to enter the gap, miracle number one. The second will breach the reactor by dropping a laser-guided bomb on an exposed ventilation hatch. This will create an opening for the third pair. That's miracle number two. The second team will deliver the kill shot and destroy the target. That's miracle number three."

MAVERICK: "If any team misses the target... the mission is a failure. Egress is a steep high-g climb out to avoid hitting this mountain. A steep climb at that speed, you're pulling at least eight g's. Nine, minimum."

ROOSTER: "The stress limit of the f-18's airframe is 7.5." he said factually.

GHOST: "That's the accepted limit. To survive this mission, you'll pull beyond that, even if it means bending your airframe. You'll be pulling so hard, you'll weigh close to 2,000 pounds, your skull crushing your spine... your lungs imploding like an elephant's sitting on your chest, fighting with everything you have just to keep from blacking out." the aviators all look around in worry and uncertainty by the reality of this harsh mission thanks to the facts Marcus provided.

MAVERICK: "And this... this is where you'll be at your most vulnerable. This is coffin corner. Assuming you avoid crashing into this mountain, you'll climb straight up into enemy radar while losing all of your airspeed. Within seconds, you'll be fired upon by enemy sams. You've all faced sustained g's before, but this... this is gonna take you and your aircraft to the breaking point."