𝚒𝚒𝚒

❀ ❀ ❀

BEFORE ADRIAN COULD Get to class she was dragged into the janitor's closet.

Billy covered her mouth and said "Don't scream."

Adrian nodded and moved his hand away "Billy, what are you doing?"

"Checking on you, how are you holding up?" Billy asked, rubbing her arms.

She sighed and bit her lip "Billy, shouldn't you be checking on Sidney?"

Billy shrugged "Your sister is always the same. Ever since your mom died."

"Yeah, I learned to move on, I mean it still makes me sad." Adrian murmured.

Billy sighed "They already questioned me. They'll probably question you before your sister. You should go."

Adrian left the janitor's closet "Billy?"

"Yeah?" He questioned.

"Thanks." Adrian smiled softly.

He saluted her. Adrian got sent to the principal's office.

Dewey smiled at her "Hey, Dri."

"Deputy Riley." Adrian said, smiling.

"How are you doing, Adrian?" Sheriff Burke asked her.

"Been managing since my mother's death, still learning to move on." Adrian replied, rubbing her arms.

"That's good. How well did you know Casey Becker?" Sheriff Burke asked.

"I only knew her through a couple of friends, I mean she's a grade higher than me. I don't know what happened to her. I was with a friend last night." Adrian told them, truthfully.

"Alright, enjoy the rest of your day, Adrian." Sheriff Burke smiled.

Adrian hugged Dewey then kissed his cheek "Love ya, Dewey."

"Love you, too, kid." Dewey nodded, hugging back.

Adrian pulled away from Dewey then met Billy, Stu, Tatum, Jolene, Amanda, and Randy waiting for Sidney.

"What did they ask you?" Amanda asked.

Stu wrapped his arms around Amanda, kissing her neck.

"They asked if I knew Casey. I covered your ass, Stuart, you owe me." Adrian said, pointing at Stu.

Stu put a hand on his heart "Thanks, girlfriend."

Sidney came out of the principal's office. Billy held her hand. The group went to sit by the fountain.