Chapter 65

Alessio's POV

It's been two months of middle school and it's awful. Everyone has been raving over how well AJ and Xan have been adjusting that they couldn't care less about me. It really sucks.

I used to love school but now I don't

"I'll see you at lunch Lessi." AJ told me before walking to her homeroom class with Francesca

While AJ and Francesca are in the honor class. I'm stuck in the stupid class. 622 has two teachers in every class. I don't get to even have electives with my sister because they think I'm too stupid for that too.

Even though I had perfect state test scores in math I'm somehow in pre algebra. How does that add up? I'm the top of my class in every subject besides English. Even in that I'm still middle of the pack.

I tried to make the most of a bad situation but every period is insulting. Instead of letting me take high school classes like AJ I'm in Spanish for bilinguals which isn't for kids who did years of schooling in a Spanish speaking country.

My science class is an even bigger joke. I can build a bomb for Christ's sake. Not that the school knows but what they do know is that I've gotten perfect scores on every science test I've taken at this school. I've also won every science fair, even beating my genius twin. Yet I'm in a class that's an excuse for lazy students to play with legos and popsicles.

Politics and Government is the easiest social studies class in the middle school because it focuses on talking. I wouldn't even call it a discussion based class.

Fourth period

"Alessio pick your head up and finish the worksheet."

"I finished it." I responded without lifting my head

"I need you to respect the lesson and lift your head."

"And I need this school to respect my intelligence and give me work at my grade level!"

"You're not better than anyone in this classroom so fix your attitude. Sit up and help out your peers."

"Isn't your job to teach?" I deadpanned

"Either help out your classmates or stand in the hall."

"Fine." I snapped and went to the hallway

The teacher came out after ten minutes

"Alessio you're in the classes you're in because you make your peers feel good. They need a kind soul to push them to be better. If it makes you feel better you could get harder work."

"It's not my job to be everyone's tutor. What will make me happier is being switched to a class I belong in."

"I'm going to have to call your father about your behavior if you don't calm down."

"Then call him. I don't care."

"Do you want to meet with the guidance counselor?"

"Yes."

"I'll write you a pass." She said and went inside

When she came out she had a post it note excusing me for the period

I walked down to the first floor to Mr. Lauder the middle school guidance counselor. I knocked on his door and heard a come in

"Ah Alessio how's school?"

"Awful." I closed the door and sat down

"Oh no, has someone been bothering you?"

"Yeah, the staff at this school. Why am I in 622? Everyone knows the two's are the stupid classes. Frankie and AJ are in 621, the honor class while I'm not. I only get lunch with my twin. What the heck!"