Episode 1

(This is what Shylo-Lynn looks like but with freckles on her face and shoulders. She also has a flannel over shirt on to hide the tattoo, but the sleeves are rolled up at the elbow.)

As I was listening to my music while I was heading to the island for the show. I found out that the woman who cut my hair missed a spot.

"Dangit. She missed a spot." I say as I grab my knife to fix it. Using my mp3 player's reflection, I used my knife to cut that spot of hair that's a bit longer than it should be. I'm not even paying attention to whatever is going on, and I manage to cut the hair off.

"And our final contestant Shylo-Lynn, the country girl!" Chris Mclain yelled, pulling my attention to him and the others, causing me to put my knife away and take my headphones out.

"Hi, sorry about that, the woman who cut my hair missed a spot. But I prefer Shylo." I say smiling.

"Don't worry about that." Chris replied. I went and put my 2 bags with the others (a backpack and a duffle bag). I stand with the blue and black haired girl.

"Hey, I'm Gwen." she said.

"Shylo, nice to meet ya." I replied, but my accent showed just a bit.

"Where are you from?" She asked.

"Virginia, USA. You?" I told her.

"(Somewhere in Canada)." She told me. As I go to reply, I get interrupted by a dude in a green shirt.

"Hey, I'm Justin, you must be Shylo, right?" Justin says, causing me to nod my head yes. I notice all the girls staring at him in awe and the big guy, too.

"Cool, so you wanna hang out later, Shylo?" he asks.

"No thanks, Justin. I'm good." I say, turning but to Gwen to talk to her more. But Justin has over plans.

"Well, I'm sure that a pretty girl like yourself would like to hang out with a handsome guy like me." He tells me while winking. I sigh and look at him, not happy that he's not taking the hint that I don't want to talk to him or that I'm talking to someone else, and that he rudely interrupted us. But he takes it a little too far for my liking by wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"You have 3 seconds to get your arm off me before I throw you into the water." I warned him. But he didn't listen and kept it there. I felt someone staring at me, causing me to look that way, and I see a good-looking guy looking at me like he's waiting to see my reaction to this. I look back to Justin.

"I warned ya, so don't say I didn't." I tell him, and I pick him up and throw him into the water.

"Keep your dirty hands to yourself!" I almost yell while I glare at him. I turn back around and notice everyone staring at me and then to Justin, who is climbing out of the water. I get behind Gwen when they don't stop. This caused some to stop staring at me but causing Gwen and the guy from before chuckling at me, hiding behind someone an inch or two shorter than me.

"Really? Hiding behind me, Shylo? Someone shorter than you." Gwen says, laughing a bit, causing me to blush a bit from embarrassment.

"Well, you're the first person I met, plus I'm comfortable with you, plus I can count you as a new friend." I say, smiling at her.

"I'm Duncan. That was a pretty good throw, princess." The good-looking dude says who I now know as Duncan.

"Thanks, but he just wouldn't take a hint." I tell him blushing a little bit.

"I could tell princess," He replies, grinning at me.

"First things first, we need a group photo for the promos, everyone on the end of the dock." Chris tells us all, so we all went over there and got in our positions for the photo. I was on the outside of the photo closer to the rest of the dock cause the wood didn't look like it could hold all of our weight for too long. Plus, in some spots, it was dry-rotted.