Chapter 3: It's Called A Heart

The Wild Boys then headed to their dorms to hang out. The new ones decided to move in since there are more vacant spaces in the Wild Boys' dorm. Also Andy is able to have a room of his own and is sharing it with Martin. After everyone is settled, the Wild Boys just hang around the common room. "So this is your common room," Martin said. "Yup," Nicky said, inserting the Space Invaders cartridge. "It looks a lot better than our old one, it's dusty there all the time and I couldn't breathe," Larry said. "You're always not breathing," Bono jokingly said. "Shut up, Bono, can't believe you were named after a hearing aid shop," Larry sarcastically said. "A hearing aid shop?" Martin asked. "Yup," Bono said. Nicky and Andy were just playing space invaders when the other younger members, Richard, Nick, Martin and Larry decided to watch.

"You guys play space invaders?" Nick asked. "Yeah, Nicky loves that game, I prefer Centipede," Andy said. "So do I, man," Larry said. "I heard of that ET game, it was terrible," Nick said. "Ugh I know, even Andy gets frustrated just playing it," Nicky said. "I don't think I've ever played a video game before," Martin said. "Wanna play?" Andy asked, giving his joystick to Martin. "How do you play it?" Martin asked. "You use the joystick to move your ship a bit to aim and push the button to fire," Nicky said. "Great," Martin said. Martin and Nicky began playing Space Invader and Martin didn't know how easy the game was. "Wow, this is so easy," Martin said. "At least all of us play video games, or probably just the younger ones," Nicky said.

"You gotta play Space Invader and Dungeons and Dragons at least once," Richard said. "Dungeons and Dragons? I love that game, I used to play it with Bono," Larry said. "Really?" Andy asked. "Yeah, we gotta do something while Larry gets sick all the time thanks to cystic fibrosis," Bono said. "Is it because of your weak immune system or your lungs have too much junk?" Nick asked. "Uhhh both, but I don't think my immune system is that weak because of the gene you guys have," Larry said. That's when Miyagi popped in and sat on Andy's lap. "What is that alien?" Nick asked. "Oh, this is Miyagi, our alien pet, it's friendly towards alien hybrids," Andy said. Miyagi chirped in agreement. It then went up to Larry to sniff him. "Oh, hello there," Larry said.

Miyagi chirped back. "What did it say?" "Uhh I'm not an alien translator but John and Curt can translate it for you," Andy said. "Do you need us?" John (Taylor) asked. "Yeah, I wanna know what Miyagi said," Larry said. Miyagi then chirped out something towards Larry before Curt translated for him. "Dúirt sé go gcaithfidh tú a bheith i do hibrideach eachtrannach agus go bhfuil sé an-sásta bualadh leat," Curt said in Irish Gaelic. This left confusion towards Bono, Adam, Edge, Jim and Kate. "I'm sorry, what?" Kate asked. "He said that Miyagi knows that I'm an alien hybrid and is very glad to meet me," Larry said, translating what Curt said. "How do you know that language?" Jim asked. "I dunno but that's what we speak at home," Larry said.

"How come you know how to speak that language?" Adam asked. "Well I didn't go to school until I was 10 because I got sick a lot and the language we spoke at home was Irish Gaelic so I couldn't even speak English back then, I had to have special English classes in order to catch up with everyone," Larry explained. "John and I have xenoglossy so we are able to pick up languages, especially alien language," Curt said. "Dúirt sé go bhfuil cumhachtaí againn inar féidir linn teangacha éagsúla a phiocadh suas," John (Taylor) said. "Ó, tá sé ceart go leor, is féidir liom Béarla a labhairt ionas nach mbeidh ort Gaeilge a labhairt liom," Larry said. "He can speak better than me," Bono said. "Have you ever tried to speak Irish Gaelic though?" Kate asked. "Yeah, but I failed," Bono said.

"Oye, otra persona que no habla inglés como primera lengua," Roger said. "I don't speak English as a first language too but because I got smuggled here and then got adopted, I was forced to leave my mother tongue behind," Andy said. "Oh yeah, you're from the Philippines," Martin said. "Yeah," Andy said. "Wow, you're from the Philippines? I heard it's a nice place," Sarah said. "A nice place? Please, I spent the first several years of my life in the slums before my dad smuggled me here in favour of drugs," Andy said. "Geez man, that's so bad," Larry said. "I know," Andy said. "But at least there are nicer places, right?" Keren asked. "If only I could afford to go to those nice places outside of Manila but nope, I can't, I'm broke," Andy said. "Right, I forgot this is a state school," John (Keeble) said, wondering how Andy managed to enter.