✦ › ♡˖°꒰ chapter eleven◞ ̑̑

YEONJUN's POV:

"yeonjun.."

i turned to look at him and smiled hesitantly. "beomgyu." he smiled back, but it didn't quite reach his eyes.

silence enveloped us after those two lines. we were currently on the rooftop, just the two of us. i wanted to talk to him and clear things up between us, to figure out what we really were to each other.

what i meant to him..

"how are you, jjun?" he spoke up, breaking the silence that had settled between us.

i smiled again.

jjun.. it's been a while since he called me that.

"i'm okay, still breathing," i chuckled, but he didn't laugh, so i looked at him and was surprised to see tears in his eyes.

he took my hand, and i couldn't move. "i missed you so much, yeonjun. i'm starting to worry about you because you haven't been coming home to our dorm for days. you haven't been showing up or passing by our classroom either. yeonjun.. what's happening? why did you suddenly change like this?"

i raised my gaze to meet his, and our eyes locked. my heart ached at the sight of his tears slowly flowing down his cheeks. he's crying now.

"beomgyu.."

he quickly let go of my hand and wiped away his tears. "i don't understand you anymore, yeonjun. you're not the choi yeonjun i used to know.. you've changed."

i was stunned at what i heard. i've changed?

i haven't changed, beomgyu. you, you're the one who's changed between the two of us, and i want to know why.

i took a deep breath and faced him, but he turned his back on me. "between the two of us, you're the one who's changed," i spoke the truth.

he looked at me with surprise written all over his face. "me? are you serious? you're the one who's changed, yeonjun. don't twist the situation!"

i gave him a small smile. "i'm telling the truth because i see it, i feel it, you're not the same beomgyu i used to know and.. it all started because of soobin."

he couldn't say anything and just stared into my eyes.

"you don't know how hurt i was when you said i was just a friend in front of that guy. but it hurt me more when i found out that you're always hanging out with him. beomgyu.. please, i want to know the truth, i want to be enlightened."

i saw him gulp and then slowly approached me again. he took my hand once more and let out a deep sigh.

"yeonjun, you know i like you. we even have an agreement.. promise with each other, right?" i nodded slowly, and he smiled. "it's true, i like you. my feelings for you have only grown deeper with each passing year. i really like you, yeonjun. i want to fulfill our promise from when we were in first-year high school."

i just stared into his eyes, listening to every word he spoke. and i admit, i'm afraid of what might happen next.

"but.."

when i heard that, my heart started beating faster. he came closer to me again and looked into my eyes.

"i would be lying if i said i didn't like soobin," he continued.

my eyes widened, and my knees went weak, as if i could collapse at any moment. i looked at him again, making sure i heard him correctly.

"w-what do you mean?" i asked almost in a whisper.

tears started flowing from his eyes like a waterfall, and he slowly let go of my hand and turned away.

"i'm sorry. i like you, yeonjun. but i.. i like soobin more now. i-i'm really sorry. our agreement is over and maybe.. maybe we're not really meant to be until the end.."

with those words, he started walking away from me.